We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden view rooms at Now Amber

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Garden view rooms at Now Amber

Can anyone tell me what these rooms are like please, do you get a view of the beach and ocean ?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden view rooms at Now Amber

No, you would have to book an ocean view room to see the ocean. The garden view rooms are the same size and layout as the ocean view rooms but are on the 2nd or 3rd floor (1st floor is swim up) of the main tower, the views are obstructed by trees and buildings. There are only 16 of these rooms, and 230 ocean view rooms that are on floors 3 through 15. They didn't build many and it's tough to even find them available. I've also found that sometimes the price can be more than the ocean view jr. suites.

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden view rooms at Now Amber

Thanks Beachnickk. My booking says I have booked a junior suite and I emailed the resort to check my room reservation and they have advised we have been reserved a garden view room so am getting confused as to which rooms are which and are we best trying to get this sorted before we arrive in 3 weeks time ??

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garden view rooms at Now Amber

They are all junior suites at the NA.

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garden view rooms at Now Amber

Just checked my booking and it just states junior suite, but when we booked online it doesn't give you any option to choose a garden or sea view it just states Junior suite with balcony and sea view and this is why we booked it so will need to give the travel agent a call about this. I thought the 2nd and 3rd floor was reserved for preferred rooms ??

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garden view rooms at Now Amber

I believe all the garden view are preferred, but all rooms on the property are junior suites, so you will have to call to find out which category you have booked or if you just got the run of the house which means they can put you anywhere, but highly unlikely in preferred or swim out unless you did book preferred.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Garden view rooms at Now Amber

Not knowing where online you booked, I can't say why all room options weren't available, Maybe some were sold out? Maybe the company you booked wit doesn't offer them?

There are 16 non Preferred garden view jr. suites and 18 Preferred Club garden view jr. suites. Preferred garden view rooms are located on floors 2-4 but in the Preferred tower, not the main tower. You have to book Preferred Club to get that room category.

If your room description says "sea view", I would have to assume that's an ocean view jr. suite. I can't say why the hotel says you have garden view but again, not knowing where you booked your trip, since no room is really called "sea view" (it's ocean view), I'm just not sure. I would check with your agent for clarification.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Garden view rooms at Now Amber

Not all garden view are preferred. We booked garden view, and was told that our room was on level 2. But when we received are cards, the gentleman told us that we were upgraded to floor 8. Don't go in expecting an upgrade, but chances are pretty good, given That there aren't many garden view rooms. Even if in garden view, you can almost see the ocean...if the wind is blowing and moving the palms...lol.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Garden view rooms at Now Amber

That's odd. We don't have that category at all with any of our tour operators and even on their own website the only options for garden view are preferred or swim up. I will ask our rep when I see her next week why they aren't on the website or why we can't sell them.

Anyway, I would definitely call your TA to find out what category you are actually booked in and then send your requests to the hotel directly about a week prior for what you want.

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Garden view rooms at Now Amber

Thanks for all your responses. I booked in the UK using First Choice/Thompson and I booked this online, the only room choice when making my booking was junior suite with sea view so you would think this means ocean view . NA have informed me that I have been reserved a garden view and if I wish to change this to ocean view then I need to pay the extra : ( Going to call my TA and find out what is going on, watch this space !!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Garden view rooms at Now Amber

Good luck durie!!! I guess "technically" all rooms do have a sea view.....lol, perhaps that is their loop hole. They all do face the ocean. It just depends on how high of a floor you are in order to see it. Good luck!