We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Of these 3 budget hotels, any strong recommendations?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
535 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Of these 3 budget hotels, any strong recommendations?

I've found good prices on three places for a visit in June, with nightly rates all about the same, and was wondering if anyone would strongly recommend one of these over the others, and if so, why? I am choosing between Hotel Posada de Roger, Belmar Hotel Galeria and Hotel Casa Anita and corona del Mar..They all look nice on websites and seem to get generally good reviews..Thanks for any input. Last time I stayed at Hotel Rio Malecon and was very happy there but the rates are a little higher this year than these other 3.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,970 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Of these 3 budget hotels, any strong recommendations?

posada de rogeris in a good location---neat clean hotel. I only stayed one night and was put in the courtyard. I would avoid that.

there are peeps that stay on the upper floors and love it. one of my friends stayed there and we got to see the room and it was nice.

good luck on your search

USA
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Of these 3 budget hotels, any strong recommendations?

Everyone here seems to love PDR fwiw. I have stayed at the Belmar and while it is a good option in nice (somewhat noisy) location, I believe all of their base rates are w/o AC and you would have to spend an additional $5 or so a day for AC usage...just in case that changes your budget outlook any. It may be a step above these in terms of price but an AC/TV room at the Hotel Eloisa is the ideal location imo.

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
603 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Of these 3 budget hotels, any strong recommendations?

Can only speak for PDR as we stayed there 3 times in the last year. Great locale, nice pool area and common kitchen as an option. Friendly and helpful staff. Good wifi.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Of these 3 budget hotels, any strong recommendations?

PDR has the very best location. Casa Anita is on HWY 200 and sometimes the semis use their air brakes coming into town so it can be loud in the middle of the night. PDR is literally steps away from convenience stores, bars, restaurants, shopping and buses. Belmar is on a busy street so a little more nosier than PDR also.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,275 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Of these 3 budget hotels, any strong recommendations?

I am a long-time fan and regular visitors at Posada de Roger (dozen+ stays). I love that hotel!!

Of the others on your list I only know Belmar, which I hear is decent too, but does not have a pool or as many great restaurants nearby, like Roger's does. Also it is only 2-1/2 blocks from the beach, so closest of any you are considering. The place is "charming", squeaky clean, friendly helpful staff, and adequate rooms and amenities for a budget place. I'd pick that in a heartbeat.

-suze

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,774 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Of these 3 budget hotels, any strong recommendations?

While none would be a bad choice, PDR offers location, pool and A/C without adding to the rates.

Casa Anita is so pretty and what a view - but to get that view you've got a ton of stairs. I mean, A TON. Belmar is a good quality budget offering and I know friends who have stayed many times. But yes, it does not have a pool which in June will be a blessing (along with A/C for sleeping).

At PDR ask to see rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floors. Courtyard rooms are smaller and darker. If you can get 315 it's the best room in the house - top corner, vaulted ceiling, tons of space and windows on 3 sides...plus it opens out on to the upper sundeck. You'll get some traffic noise from I.L. Vallarta but not so much that white noise from the A/C won't drown it out.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
517 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Of these 3 budget hotels, any strong recommendations?

Our first few trips to PV, we stayed at the Corona del Mar section of the complex before Casa Anita bought it and the truck and bus noise was terrible. This was in the early 70s so there was much,much less traffic than now. It sounded like that particular spot on the hill climb was the downshifting/accelerating with no muffler place.PDR is in a much better location.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
517 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Of these 3 budget hotels, any strong recommendations?

To add to PVJB, it was 52 steps from the street to our front door at CDM after the hill to get there.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,515 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Of these 3 budget hotels, any strong recommendations?

Here is another vote for Posada del Roger . . . it was a great way to experience PV. :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
535 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Of these 3 budget hotels, any strong recommendations?

Thanks very much, everyone for the prompt replies. Great info. Sounds like Roger is the best bet.