We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants?

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants?

Heading to PV, staying at a Now Amber in July with my niece. Not my first time but it is hers. I have always stayed AI in Nuevo Vallarta and not explored restaurants in P V. Looking for some recommendations for favorite restaurants...prefer not expensive, somewhere locals eat, seafood and authentic local mexican fare. Also recommendations for fun bars early evenings with a 19 year old. Thanks in advance for any input.

Mentioned in this post
Nuevo Vallarta
Nuevo Vallarta
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants?

Don't miss Mariscos Polo's best seafood in town. F. Madero 376 on the south side of town.

Mentioned in this post
Polo's
Polo's
496 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Oregon
Level Contributor
3,752 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants?

Isn't Polo's closed for the season?

Mentioned in this post
Polo's
Polo's
496 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants?

Yes I am sure someone posted a heads up that they were closing for the season, who was it who posted ? Nope it's gone, sucks when you get old & can't remember things ! Maybe it will come back to me.

Twin Bridges...
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants?

JR posted a while back that they had closed for the season, it was then pointed out by others that was in error and they are only closed on certain days. I forget which day or days they are open or closed.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants?

OK now some serious stuff, fun places to eat/drink. Cheeky Monkey on the malecon, second floor facing the big ladder on malecon. Great place to watch sunset with $1 beers/margs & good food salads are very good.

If Polo's is closed you might want to try "Tony's Please" great place closer to beach would be "No Way Jose" for a lunch time quicky try "Los Muertos Brewery" great special, pizza/fries/salad/beer 60pesos. Also try the "Sea Monkey" for $1 beers/margs on the beach, good food, great sunsets.

Go to "vallartainfo.com" for the best info & maps of area to locate these places. Print & bring maps with you they are the best for getting around as JR is on the ground & keeps them up to date.

You & your niece have a great time, wear walking shoes !

Mentioned in this post
No Way Jose!
No Way Jose!
894 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Polo's
Polo's
496 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Cheeky Monkey
Cheeky Monkey
1,217 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey
665 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants?

thank you for these great suggestions!

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants?

Will definitely try! :)

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
413 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants?

For early evening entertainment with a 19 year old, I would suggest Andele's on Olas Altas and Nacho Daddy on Basilio Badillo. But a lot of fun with good drinks.

Mentioned in this post
Olas Altas
Olas Altas
445 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,841 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants?

The word is that Polo's is only going to be closed on Tuesdays, so they will be open for the summer. He had sent a poorly stated text to JR which is why it was thought he was closing for the summer. I suppose they're closed on Sunday's though?

For authentic Mexican try El Brujo and Tony's Please. Another one that I like is Gabys, it's authentic food with a bit of an update from the original....and it's really good.

Edited: 12 May 2014, 14:21
Mentioned in this post
Polo's
Polo's
496 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Restaurant Gaby's
Restaurant Gaby's
572 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
El brujo Vallarta
El brujo Vallarta
476 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants?

No, open Sundays, only closed Tuesdays, till October. :)