We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marietas Boat Ride Question

California
Level Contributor
717 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Marietas Boat Ride Question

Hi Everybody!

We will be leaving for Puerto Vallarta in a few weeks. Would love to go to the Marieta Islands. Had been considering taking a panga but finally it occurred to me that I didn't know how difficult it would be to get in and out of it for my husband who had knee replacement surgery in February. He's getting around much better but he hasn't tried anything like this recently - although he's hoping to be able to get into and out of his kayak pretty soon.

Thank you for your help.

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marietas Boat Ride Question

Getting in and out of a panga is largely dependent on where you are catching it from. If he can't get in and out of his kayak, I don't know that he wants to risk messing up his surgery getting in and out of a panga. If you are just going for the boat ride and not getting off the boat, it is doable if you have a solid place to get on and off. Typically you have to either climb a ladder or step on and off into the water. Getting off into the water means being able to walk against the ebb and flow of the waves.

If it was me, I would do a Vallarta Adventures tour where you board from a stable dock.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,331 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marietas Boat Ride Question

Also at Marietas it's a nature preserve so you can't land a boat there. You can swim into the hidden beach, but it means getting in and out of the water from the boat.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 02:42
3. Re: Marietas Boat Ride Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 13:04
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marietas Boat Ride Question

If you take the Vallarta Adventures tour, you will board from the Marine Terminal Dock on a gangway, no steps even :) They also have Kayaks.

California
Level Contributor
717 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marietas Boat Ride Question

Thank you for the suggestions. But I just had another realization. I knew that you had to kayak or snorkel thru a tunnel to get to the beach but somehow didn't think about my husband's claustrophobia. I showed him a video of getting to the beach thru that tunnel and he's refusing to go.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,165 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marietas Boat Ride Question

I currently have a bum ankle and I'm not much of a swimmer, so I can relate to your husband's reluctance. I commend you for researching this excursion before you arrived in PV. Good job!

7. Re: Marietas Boat Ride Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:16