We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unlimited Vacations Club - AMC Resorts

Portland, Oregon
1 post
Save Topic
Unlimited Vacations Club - AMC Resorts

Hi!

Recently, an "investment" company contacted my husband to purchase our Unlimited Vacations Club - AMC Resorts membership for 10k over what we initially bought it for. While we would love to get out of the membership (a bit of buyer's remorse), it seems too good to be true! With some research, we found that the resort we bought it at, Dreams - Puerto Vallarta, is indeed leaving the AM Resorts management. Putting aside that I'm upset that AM Resorts didn't let any of their members know that yet another property is leaving (Dreams - Cancun as well), has anyone else been approached?

I've tried internet searches on the company and only come up with their website. Seems fishy. But, at the same time, they deal with investors in Mexico so it makes me wonder. Can anyone tell me if they've been approached or had anything similar to this situation happen to them?

Thanks!

Jeni

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unlimited Vacations Club - AMC Resorts

If these people are willing to give you 10k over what you paid and you are interested in getting rid of it, seems like a win/ win situation. Just make sure their money is good before you sign over your asset.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Unlimited Vacations Club - AMC Resorts

yeah/they will ask for money for closing costs and you will never hear from them again

time shares are worthless

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Unlimited Vacations Club - AMC Resorts

Scam written all over this

Play along and let us know when they want you to make a deposit first

Seattle
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unlimited Vacations Club - AMC Resorts

Run. They are going to ask for your bank account number to deposit the money into. Or a cashiers check to cover something. Time Shares and Vacation Clubs are not worthless, but are only worth the enjoyment YOU get out of them.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,843 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unlimited Vacations Club - AMC Resorts

Why don't you contact the club office and ask them if they are buying back memberships?

https:/…Contact.aspx

There are many scams out there for VC/timeshare resales and they are not being done by legitimate companies.

Unless someone here has experienced this same offer, all you are going to get here is a lot of people guessing and voicing their opinions.

My vacation club has warnings on their members website page about resale scams.

Edited: 17 May 2014, 00:05
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,857 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unlimited Vacations Club - AMC Resorts

Additionally, since katnsocal and I own in the same vacation club, which is the Villa Group (not anything having to do with AMR), I hope nobody is confusing the TWO "UVC's."

The AMR resorts are the *Unlimited Vacation Club* --- thanks to the OP for making this clear in the Subject-Heading. The "other UVC" is the Villa del Palmar group. Universal Vacation Club.

Wanted to make this clear as if people are seeing "UVC," it could be either. I believe the Universal Vacation Club (Villa del Palmar, etc.) was first. It gets very confusing when people are trying to book things through exchange networks, such as RCI. **UVC** shows up all over the place. Two different entities.

Buyer beware and thanks --- jeni --- for making this clear. Welcome to the forum.

Edited: 17 May 2014, 00:27
So Cal
Level Contributor
7,843 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unlimited Vacations Club - AMC Resorts

I didn't mention the Villa Group because jeni was very specific that it was the "Unlimited Vacations Club -AMC resorts, I didn't want to confuse the situation by bringing another vacation club name into the discussion. :)

Whitby, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Unlimited Vacations Club - AMC Resorts

We have also recently been approached. Did you follow up with the company?

9. Re: Unlimited Vacations Club - AMC Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 11:48
10. Re: Unlimited Vacations Club - AMC Resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 11:48