We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

As seen from our balcony

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
As seen from our balcony

I mentioned on a different thread about the "Moon Path" in the bay. That is now fading and the pelicans are diving and the early dog walkers are passing by. Not so many exercise people jogging by, but the ever changing collection of fisher people, and I use that term because, while it almost always male oriented, there IS one lady who comes with her husband and is quite serious about fishing. Have never seen her catch anything...but sometimes neither do the gentlemen. The one I hope to call to your attention to, those of you who watch the Bay from wherever, is " Boy in a boat with a dog". The boy, and I sure he is a mature man, stands in his dinghy size boat and catches bait for some of the fisher boat people. He used to have a wonderful black doggie who would stand between his legs for a bit and then retire to a sleeping part further back. Last trip down boy in a boat was there, but no black doggie. I felt quite sad. This trip we walked out on the pier and there was boy with an amigo and a couple of cervezas and a new doggie. He told me the other doggie had gotten a bite from a spider and it killed him. He now has a brown and white doggie, named the same as the other, hahaha. Watch for him in the Bay. Isn't PV wonderful .

North Providence...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: As seen from our balcony

What a nice story ,thanks for sharing.

Yeah,Vallarta is kinda wonderful.

Michael

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,742 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: As seen from our balcony

I loved reading that. I hope he's there in December.

Exactly where are you sitting watching all this, or where on the Bay is this all happening so we can see it?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: As seen from our balcony

I am in VDS ocean front balcony above Sea Monkey. Boy in a boat with a dog starts from the pier and goes down the Bay according, I guess, to where the fish are.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,593 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: As seen from our balcony

Pat I just e-mailed you a couple photos of them! When you mentioned this I knew right away who you were talking about. Check your e-mail!

It's interesting how even in our visits or a couple weeks, we get a glimpse of the consistency of the daily routines of some of the people that live there. You described these two perfectly.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,742 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: As seen from our balcony

Kansas, can you send me the photos too?

All of this happens around what time? Early morning, when? I'm going to make sure I try to find him when I go. Thanks so much for sharing...

Edited: 15 May 2014, 14:42
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: As seen from our balcony

Kansas, I DID get those pics. I wish you had a way to share those here, but you know how electronically disinclined i am. That's my boy in a boat with, sadly, his old black doggie. Glad you have captured him on film or whatever.

Deanna , it's at first light when I see him.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,593 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: As seen from our balcony

I just uploaded those photos to my Picasa albums and tryed sending it to my husband to be sure it works, but it's allowing my e-mail address to be accessed, so I can't share the photos here. Ever since Picasa was picked up by google, it's very difficult to work with and I have a lot of Puerto Vallarta photos on it. So maddening.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: As seen from our balcony

We've been watching a man in a boat with a small dog. The man is netting shrimp. When he has enough, he swims ashore, sells them to The Blue Shrimp restaurant, then swims back to his boat with his plastic bucket, and starts shrimping again. He does this several hours each morning.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: As seen from our balcony

No shrimp here, sorry, he's netting bait fish, they are universally called 'Lisa' here.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: As seen from our balcony

My husband and I are huge dog people and we always miss ours a lot while on vacation so we love seeing the locals with their loved ones trailing along. One of our bucket list items is to take both of ours to the beach someday but they are 200lbs combined and would freak out if we ever tried to put them in a crate for a plane. Maybe someday.

Either way, thanks for sharing this story, so glad the fisherman has another companion to keep him company! What a lucky dog.