We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Close to the Melecon!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Close to the Melecon!

Hello my lovely PV Peeps!

I am thinking of coming down to PV for my 2nd time since 2008 !! and I am looking to see which hotels will be easy access to Downtown PV where the Melecon is.

I was looking at the Riu Pacifico and I don't remember how far it is.

Thank you everyone for the help in advance!!

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,612 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Close to the Melecon!

Riu Pacifico is in Nuevo Vallarta at least a 45 minute taxi ride to the Malecon. Look for hotels in Puerto Vallarta, not Nuevo Vallarta. Are you looking at a pkg with AI?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Close to the Melecon!

oohhh ok I understand now. I stayed at Canto Del Sol last time which was prime location. Looking for something different now. Yes I would need a AI package.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,570 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Close to the Melecon!

Check Playa Las Arcos on the beach southside.

Chicago IL
Level Contributor
277 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Close to the Melecon!

Playa Los Arcos has an AI package available and it is reasonably priced enough that one need not feel locked in to eat there all the time. Can't speak to the food yet because we don't leave for another week but, for us, it seemed the perfect mix of convenience (breakfast and drinks, snacks on the beach or poolside, evening cocktails or a nightcap) and flexibility. Through Apple Vacations, the AI upgrade was a mere $100 p/p for a seven night stay.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Close to the Melecon!

Now Amber and Secrets Vallarta Bay are both very close.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Close to the Melecon!

The others to look at would be Buenaventura or Villa Premiere (adults only) they are really the closest to the malecon without going down a level for AI and they are sister resorts, so if you stay at the VP you can use the facilities at the Buenaventura, but not the other way around. NA and Secrets are also side by side and new, very modern resorts (very nice, but too modern for me).

Playa Los Arcos would be quite a step down from any of these and from the Canto as well. The only thing it has going for it is location really as far as AI hotels/resorts go. It would not be my recommendation for anyone unless you knew going it that it was very basic and the AI isn't great.

Other than the Now Amber or Secrets, none of these are on par at all with the Riu Palace, but that is in Nuevo as stated above, so not near the malecon. (Very nice though on a wonderful beach).

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,053 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Close to the Melecon!

These maps will help you see distances. I started with the Hotel Zone just because I wouldn't stay further north than that if you want to be a very short ride to downtown. The maps are N to S so you'll see how things are layed out and you'll see names of hotels and their location.

Playa Los Arcos is a simple hotel on the active Los Muertos Beach, and an ocean front room would be the way to go if you want to stay there. You would have plenty to watch from your balcony. PLA is on the south side map below, a very popular area, and AI doesn't matter there because it isn't at all necessary.

You can walk to a huge amount of restaurants from 5 seconds away to only 5 minutes away, and more if you so choose. On the other hand, AI can be extremely inexpensive there so it's a good deal for just breakfast and drinks or lunch. It's all buffet and average to good food.

So, take a look at some of your choices on these maps, and you can look them up to learn more.

http://vallartainfo.com/hotelzone.html

http://vallartainfo.com/hotelzone.html

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,365 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Close to the Melecon!

The All-Inclusives that are closest to the Malecon are Hotel Playa Los Arcos at the south end and Buenaventure/Villa Premiere up past the north end. RIU is not even in PV it's in 'Nuevo Vallarta' outside the city to the north quite a distance.

Hotels that are right on the Malecon (but not AI) include Hotel Eloisa, Hotel Rosita, El Pescador.

suze

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Close to the Melecon!

If youre looking at the Riu Palace and all-inclusive in Nuevo... Sunset Plaza Beach (AI option), Now Amber & Secrets would be comparable choices in PV in the Hotel Zone, closest to the Malecon; the Buenaventura is also nice but mostly buffet, the Villa Premiere a step up (ala carte, fine dining, top shelf liquor) and adults only, both with an AI option as well.

Edited: 18 May 2014, 16:56
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Close to the Melecon!

If you consider not going AI you'll have many more options and with the enormous range of eating options in Puerto Vallarta, it really isn't necessary, unless you're a huge drinker.