We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live trip reporting

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Live trip reporting

The TA iPhone app messed up my restaurant t reviews so I'm going to every now and then pop in to give a restaurant update. So far I went to joe jacks and as always the food was very good. I can't say enough about the nicoisse salad with grilled fish. My second night I went to Barcelona which was as good as ever although the service was really bad that evening. I don't know if it was lack of management or just an off night. I was a bit surprised. We get their Mediterranean salad from the specials , beef brochete and the octopus. Glass of wine and I'm out of there for around 55 bucks which is not bad for a place like this. The food there is very good

Last night I went to las Paloma's Nima bay in the marina. I wasn't in the mood to travel last night and recall good meal here. It's a cool Mexican restaurant without that touristy tacky Mexican ambiance. More artsy nice bar good menu. I love the salsa and refried beans brought to each table. You can get a decent piece of fish here prepared how you wish. The shrimp are very good too. Prices are reasonable as well. Try the Aztec salad. They offer a few good salads here.

A nice change for me was trying Archie's wok. I typically don't like Asian food in Mexico but the reviews really seemed good and the menu/ambiance very interesting. The place is very relaxing with interesting menu items. I had fish in the banana leaf and my friend had chicken with cashews. All were prepared very well. I also enjoyed a salad to start. Very good service as well. If you get a craving for Asian food or just something different it's definitely worth going to.

Another threat joint worth noting is a new place for fish tacos and ceviche. It's more of a surfer type theme but very colorful On a corner but the food was excellent. It's called Punta Burros surf and grill. It has a surfer theme with cool surfer decor. Just a few blocks off the beach a great place to fill an appetite and have a drink. Also important to highlight is their fish tacos are served on tortillas hecho con manos pure corn. Really good quality tacos. The ceviche was excellent with some chopped mangoe. Really hope they do well nice service too.

I'm open to suggestions as always for more places. Going to dinner in pv is a highlight for me.

Superior Tours Vallarta
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Charly's Sailing and Sport Fishing
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Hire
new york
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live trip reporting

Thanks. Looking forward to the rest of your reports.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,680 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Live trip reporting

Re: Punta Burros...for folks like me who were asking "which beach", looks like it's on Calle Peru #1034, in el centro. The map I found shows it almost directly east of Ley's supermarket between Uruguay and Panama - does that sound right n4snj?

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live trip reporting

Yes and sorry for forgetting to list it on there. The grilled fish taco was good and the octopus chorizo chili guajilo taco great but the ceviche was my favorite along with the homemade tortillas

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,560 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live trip reporting

Sounds right, Jenny. I noticed it in February while wandering near where I was staying but there was so much good food all over the place, I didn't try it. Nice new option. Glad to hear a report on it. Hard to get to all the new ones.

Also, need4speed, are you going to some of these places on the Restaurant Week menu? Barcelona Tapas and Archie's Wok? Is that working well? Sure makes me hungry reading all of this.

Looking forward to more dining reports.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live trip reporting

So far all the restaurant week menus are a great value and diversified but I always see something else I prefer on the menus. I think I'll try the prefix at trio or vista grill.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live trip reporting

Wow it's going by too fast again. The trip has been good and I went to playa chacala twice as I love it there. Just bought a crate of mangos there and now everyone wants them which is my intention. I also bought lychees today in pitillal and got a quick haircut. Now trying to decide on dinner plans. That's always stressful with just a few days to spare.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live trip reporting

Get on the beach.lol

Sumner, Washington
Level Contributor
990 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live trip reporting

I agree enjoy the beach

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live trip reporting

How is the weather?

10. Re: Live trip reporting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:15