We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shereton

manitoba
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Shereton

Curious to know if anyone has any insight into the different room categories at the Sheraton? We have stayed there in the past and at that time there was either resort room or club level. Does anyone know the difference between deluxe or grand deluxe? They also advertise a terrace.......are these the ones on the first three floors? There is a couple of hundred dollars each for each upgrade and wonder if it is worth it?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,868 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shereton

Just to be clear, you're talking about the hotel itself, rather than the Club Buganvilias vacation club building? I've stayed in the Club building but can't comment on the hotel rooms.

That upgrade sounds quite expensive. What does your reservation source say about the deluxe or grand deluxe, as far as what you get? If it's worth it might be up to you (personal taste).

When are you going? If you've stayed there in the past (and please don't take this wrong), you might be more of an expert than people commenting here. Are you trying to compare resort room and club level to deluxe and grand?

You've talked to the hotel itself, I hope? The question is so specific that they (concierge or someone there, on site --- not a 3rd-party reservation agent) are probably your best resource.

Good luck. A terrace is important to us also. Lots of $$ for the upgrade though. Hope someone here knows.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shereton

We stayed at the Sheraton Nov 2010 on the 'hotel' side of the property, the only rooms with terraces are on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors, not much of a view other than the pool and the terrace was littered with cigarette butts from people on higher floors with no balcony. All rooms 5th floor and up are direct ocean view... lower level deluxe, higher levels grand deluxe; club level rooms are located on the 23rd (top) floor with access to a private lounge that offers daily continental breakfast and afternoon hors d'ouvres, wine and soft drinks. For the price of the upgrade to club level, I would go with the deluxe room/all-inclusive package and be able to eat or drink whenever I wanted.

Check out my review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150793-d154…

Edited: 25 May 2014, 01:18
So Cal
Level Contributor
7,858 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shereton

Thanks JNS, your information was very helpful. Deluxe, Grand Deluxe, Club Level , Uber Deluxe....all gets very confusing and screams for clarification :)

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shereton

Not to make it more confusing... but there are 'Uber Deluxe' suites (larger rooms) and master suites (separate bedrooms) that can only be booked directly through the hotel or upgraded to at arrival upon availability.

alberta
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shereton

Hello, room category names may differ depending on the tour operator as well just to further confuse you. We stayed in an oceanfront terrace room in Feb. While the room was lovely, if we ever stayed there again we would skip the upgrade. We were on the fifth floor( more like the third) with an obstructed view. The concrete wall is quite high so when sitting in a chair you really couldn't see anything. Not that we sat out there much as it was about a million degrees. I would choose as high a floor as possible to maximize the glorious view of the bay. They have floor to ceiling windows that open completely.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
105 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shereton

We have stayed at the Sheraton after we got married over 12 years ago at the Grand Club and Marival. That was our last trip to PV. We had a club room with the breakfast and the late afternoon appetizers and wine/sparkling wine then happy hour started downstairs as soon as the club room closed. It has been a long time but I remember having a great time and an easy walk to The Malecon.

Yesterday, just booked our trip back to PV and got a club room at the Sheraton for less than a garden view room. I did some internet "haggling"/playing website vs website but got an amazing price. The only problem is we do not leave until Nov. 29th. It is going to be a long 6 months.

We are really looking forward to our return trip and to see how much things have changed since Jan. of 2002.

alberta
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shereton

It was a great time at the Sheraton for sure. We don't usually do AI, but got such a great deal that we couldn't resist. It was lovely having breakfast and drinks, but with the money we saved we were able to eat out every night.

8. Re: Shereton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 05:15