We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please say it's true.

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Please say it's true.

It is a direct quote from the Guadalajara reporter:

"The Guadalajara archdiocese has taken the unprecedented step of instructing its priests to stop the practice of setting off fireworks during ecclesiastical celebrations.

Priests will not be allowed to keep fireworks inside church properties, and will be asked to convince parishioners to refrain from bringing rockets to churches on festive days."

canada
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please say it's true.

Now, before anyone says "who cares", Guadalajara is in Jalisco. Think outside the box.....I'd like to wake up on a Sunday without thinking my place is been bombed.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please say it's true.

There is nothing better early in the morning that says "Welcome to Mexico" than a good old bomba de airial in the morning. Let it rip!

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please say it's true.

It says you are from Canada, when you guys stop singing your national anthem on your independence day

I will expect the Mexicans to change their way of celebrating their holidays.

rincon de...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please say it's true.

2000 writes, "Now, before anyone says "who cares", Guadalajara is in Jalisco."

And so is Puerto Vallarta.............

New England
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Please say it's true.

Everyone has their own opinion on such things. I say when in Rome...

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,405 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please say it's true.

I care, I think churches firing off the bombas is a wonderful tradition in Mexico. We are not Catholic, but we've always enjoyed the bombas from the church on Lazaro Cardenas calling people to mass.

canada
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please say it's true.

Carico,

What I meant is I hope the law ripples to Puerto Vallarta. Everyone has there own opinion, I don't like jumping out of bed thinking it's the start of WWIII

Edited: 25 May 2014, 21:55
Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please say it's true.

Iwillnotdoit, I totally understand your frustration; I've found that foam earplugs help a lot. Seriously, I wear them to bed every night.

I live near PV for months at a time these days and when I hear the bombas (often at dawn or at midnight), I sometimes have to remind myself that I'm not NOTB anymore. I'm in a charming country that has different regulations, laws and cultural practices than those in my homeland.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please say it's true.

I got used to it, not anything you can do about it, remindes me all the time that I'm in Mexico, for which I'm extremely grateful.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,490 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please say it's true.

"i got used to it."

How many times does it have to happen before you get used to it? It would only take a few for me to not go flying out of bed thinking it was WWII? Seriously, you can't expect a Country to change traditions because foreigners don't like them.

Mexico is loud and vibrant, not a place to live if you want quiet. :)

Edited: 26 May 2014, 01:16