We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tours/excursions

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
49 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Day tours/excursions

It'll be my first time in PV and still trying to sort out where to stay, but what are a few highly recommended day trips to see the area?

Thanks!

United States
Level Contributor
9,705 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tours/excursions

The village of Yelapa (can only be reached by water taxi)

Los Veranos Canopy Tour (not really a day trip, but a few hours of FUN!)

Vallarta Adventures day trip to Las Caletas

Sayulita day trip.

Sailing Banderas Bay at sunset

Edited: 26 May 2014, 05:10
Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,036 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day tours/excursions

Whale watching is always my #1 pick for an excursion, but it's only available over the winter. My second choice is the Marigalante (Pirate Ship) evening tour, any time of the year.

Be sure to take a look at the Top Questions here on this page for all sorts of info about PV.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,591 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day tours/excursions

Gosh there are so many fun things to do:

Our favorite tour is Vallarta Adventures off road adventure (fun off road vehicles, nature hike, chance to see a remote Mexican village and have some homemade tortillas (see how so many people really live, quite eye opening), ends with lunch and a short visit to a secluded beach) www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/off-road

We always come in March, so do whale watching for DS, the naturalist in the family. PV is a great place to see humpbacks, one of the best places around for this if that is of interest.

On our next visit we are going to try a food tour for the first time too.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day tours/excursions

What is the discount site for the Vallarta adventure tours? I've seen it posted before, but can't remember. If it's cheaper, people might as well book through there than the regular site since it's owned by the same people.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day tours/excursions

maried, it's http://www.tourdealspuertovallarta.com/

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day tours/excursions

Thanks terriks:)

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
49 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day tours/excursions

Thanks everyone!! I'll be going mid June this year.

Save Reply
8. Re: Day tours/excursions

How does the weather factor in if i wanted to do the Vallarta Extreme Adventures? What happens if it's raining or there's thunderstorms?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day tours/excursions

It probably won't factor in, as the tour is daytime and doesn't operate late in the day. If it does rain, you'll get wet, but on that tour you get wet anyway, so what difference does it make ?

United States
Level Contributor
9,705 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day tours/excursions

Wow. Just checked the site that Terriks put here for discounts on excursions. For the Las Caletas day trip, its $92.00. Vallarta Adventures has it for $109.00. Quite a difference.

Thank you a Terriks.