We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trio

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Trio

Does anyone have any recent experience with trio? I've been a few times and it's sometimes good and sometimes not. I'm considering going tonight. If not I may just hit margarita grill again as it really was so good the other night. I'm also open to suggestions.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trio

I said it before - Bistro Teresa. It was the best restaurant we went to on our trip this year. So good we went twice.

canada
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trio

Why not visit Bruce's place (Anejo Limon) a few doors up on the same side of the street.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 01:37
Sumner, Washington
Level Contributor
970 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trio

let us know where you went?

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trio

We got a fajita craving after eating so much fish. Again spot on excellent at margarita grill. We also got a plate of octopus that was great. Service was too notch again. I saw Bruce's new place. Looks interesting but it was so hot inside that we said another time. I'll probably do trio tomorrow.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trio

I think Trio is miles above the Margarita Grill, a totally different ambiance, let alone a totally different menu, Mediterranean food doesn't include Tex-Mex. LOL

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trio

JR obviously of course lol. I've been to both. Last minute we just got a craving for the fajitas. I wish we could post pics like on fb here. My point of the question is that IMO Trio has been hit or miss so I was curious what others thought recently. The waiters at margarita grill were very friendly. I love that everyone remembers you and many times remembers my name. Such a difference from the lack of service and hospitality in NJ. I won't go on an anti NJ rant but by far I live in the most hostile state. People here really are nice even outside the tourist zone. I think I'll be in trio tonight or I may take the recommendation and try something new

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trio

it is a little warmer up front during the day at Anejo Limon.

In the afternoon , around 430 or so, a vortex sweeps the back of the patio and works its way through to the front door, 3 tables in front get blessed by the breeze that comes out of the back

i understand what you mean by hit and miss. also, the name thing,, make a customer feel right at home

Bruce

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,123 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trio

What about Vitea?? I've always gone for a tempura shrimp appie - always yummy!

Pacific Latitiude...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trio

We have been to Trio twice this season and both times it was excellent. Also went to Anejo with great results.

Our favourite during Restaurant Week is Café des Artistes.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trio

I never tried cafe de artiste. What did you get that was good? Lobo. I'm gluten free and don't like fried food so that doesn't work. I think I had lunch at vitea once. Bruce's new venture sounds interesting but I feel bad trying the parrot fish on the menu if they are the same parrot fish I see diving lol. Hmmmmm. Decisions