We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distiladeras

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Distiladeras

Hola! Does anyone have info on distiladeras beach? We are thinking about going there tomorrow. Is it open to the public? Can we take a blue/white bus there from the Sheraton? Thank you!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distiladeras

Take the bus going north that says Punta de Mita. ( from Walmart at Maritime Terminal) Just after you pass through the town of La Cruz, you will get to Destiladeras beach at the 7 km marker. The driver will know. It is public, as are all beaches in Mexico. Walk down a set up steps to the beach. Beautiful way to spend the day.

Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distiladeras

Thank you so so much!

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distiladeras

fabulous beach! have a great time! alberta-traveler gave you the info you need to get there!

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distiladeras

can you get food and drink there or should I bring my infamous cooler?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distiladeras

Try the shrimp on a skewer from the little food place just right of the steps. Can also buy beer here, but no problem to bring your cooler either. They will probably charge you 150 pesos for the table and 4 chairs, but again, can bring your own if you have.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distiladeras

Just make sure to tell the driver where you are getting off!!

North Providence...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Distiladeras

Been to Distiladeros but prefer Bucerias.

It is only a thirty minute bus ride from Wal Mart and has some very good seafood restaurants scattered along the beach.

Michael

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Distiladeras

thx Michael---we have been to bucerias a few times ---wanted to continue our beach-hoppin.

I just didn't know if we should pack food and drink or if there was something available there.

love mar y sol in bucerias

Campbell River...
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Distiladeras

We are big fans of Playa Destiladeras. Long walk along silver sand, long, gradual entry into the ocean, often kite surfers to watch. I can't believe how fast they travel. We have eaten at a beach restaurant near the steps and also farther north along the beach @ Peppers restaurants, part of Rancho Banderas resort. It was open to the public in 2013 when we were there. Hopefully it still is. They also offer day passes which includes use of the pools and shower rooms. Check them out on the Trip Advisor Punta Mita hotel section. We have found some seashells on the beach which I don't often find elsewhere in the bay. On the weekends, lots of nationals come to enjoy the beach. Families with kids of all ages. The bussing advice above is correct, be sure to mention to the bus driver that you want Playa Destiladeras. After you pass La Cruz you will head up a hill, lots of curves, then watch him in his rear view mirror, he will give you the eye/nod when it's time to get off. Enjoy your new beach day!

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Distiladeras

thx river---this beach has always been on my list and I'm really going to try to make it there this trip