We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in the IMMEDIATE area of Vista del Sol -

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in the IMMEDIATE area of Vista del Sol -

Can someone pls give me some restaurant recommendations & their distance from Vista del Sol that are in the somewhat immediate area of VdS? Talking about a few blocks north, or a few south or a few that are east of VdS - coming this trip (June 24 for nine days - woo hop!!) with some mobility issues & we usually walk to all our fave restaurants in the romantic zone but thinking this trip might have to limit the walking a little bit.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,953 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in the IMMEDIATE area of Vista del Sol -

Daiquiri Dicks, Serrano Meat House, Langosta Loca, Taste of Italy, Sea Monkey - all surround the park about 100 paces away.

There are others but those I've eaten at. Several more close by.

BTW, I only enjoyed snacks, fish tacos at SM. Other meals were not memorable.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,953 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in the IMMEDIATE area of Vista del Sol -

There is also Canto del Mar but I haven't eaten there, only had drinks.

Then there is all of Basilio Badillo and Aquiles Serdan, both have tons of places.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in the IMMEDIATE area of Vista del Sol -

Café de Olla and Fajita Republic, on that first block of B. Badillo inland off Olas Altas aren't terribly much further. Inland Casa Fantasia.

Edited: 03 June 2014, 17:53
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,953 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in the IMMEDIATE area of Vista del Sol -

Sorry, I should clarity - Sea Monkey isn't on the park. It's downstairs at VDS condos on the beach.

Also Cafe Vayan a few doors south of Daiquiri Dicks.

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in the IMMEDIATE area of Vista del Sol -

Thanks for the responses - i guess i should have clarified a bit more - and as many times as we've been to PV & stayed 99% of the time in that area, i can't, for the life of me remember just how far north (or south) VdS is - is it is south of the river, correct?? So, while we are very familiar with all the ones you've named, i was thinking more of little holes in the wall on the east/west streets near VdS - i really need to look at a map i guess to see exactly what the side streets are surrounding VdS - Basilio Badillo we know extremely well - LOL -

Sumner, Washington
Level Contributor
964 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in the IMMEDIATE area of Vista del Sol -

Just a few blocks away La Ronda &Marcos Polo both 3-5 blocks away great local places

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in the IMMEDIATE area of Vista del Sol -

Yes a map would be a good idea :)

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in the IMMEDIATE area of Vista del Sol -

Yes VDS is located south of the Cuale. We have stayed there probably close to 20 times, I think you'll enjoy it. You'll have no problem finding plenty of restaurants within walking distance, I've had a bum leg for several years and could do most without a taxi.

It is shown here on the south side map.

vallartainfo.com/vallarta-southside-map.html

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in the IMMEDIATE area of Vista del Sol -

For "hole in the walls" why not just walk as far as you can & see what you find? There's definitely local places on those east/west streets you mention, but I don't know the names of any of them. Sorry I didn't realize you already knew all of them around Cardenas plaza, Olas Altas, B. Badillo.

suze

Edited: 03 June 2014, 19:55
Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,637 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants in the IMMEDIATE area of Vista del Sol -

Here we go again, I'm going to just miss you by only a couple weeks.

Langosta Loca is really hopping these days. They have a new chef and tonight everyone there were locals except my friends and I, so the new chef is really good. Prices are still very reasonably priced.

Serranos might be good for lunch. They have some great sounding salads of which I plan to partake very soon.