We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian in PV?

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarian in PV?

Anybody know of any places for us to eat? Going down this Sunday 6/15. Also, does Walmart sell food?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian in PV?

In the search option right above where your post is, put in the word "Vegetarian".

Click search and you will get a whole list of people talking about places to eat vegetarian. Scroll down to 2014 posts for up to date information. You will find everything you need there.

"Funman"

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian in PV?

Yes Walmart in Mexico sells food,Why would Walmart not sell food???

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarian in PV?

Where are you staying and how long? It might make a difference on where you go to buy food. There are great places to buy local foods and more.

"Funman"

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegetarian in PV?

Funman,I am surprised that the OP would ask if Walmart sells food??There is another post further down asking if Walmart sells medicine??I am wondering if these folks get the concept of one stop shopping.Like you mentioned the OP could go to a Leys or Soriano if they want to patronize local chains

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegetarian in PV?

Yes VancouverPinoy, that is why I asked where they are staying. We might be able to give them some real good information on some great places to get real fresh food. Plus if they are staying at the other end of town, why spend the time and money to get to Walmart.

"Funman"

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,384 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegetarian in PV?

VP - not every WalMart has a grocery section, hence the question about whether it sells food. In my city only two WalMarts have grocery stores in them out of about a dozen stores total. All of them have dry goods and canned goods to a certain degree, but not all of them have fresh food groceries.

And the person asking about medications was asking whether the WalMart in PV would be able to fill his US perscriptions because they were on file with the US WalMart stores, not if they sold the medicines.

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,627 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegetarian in PV?

You can find something vegetarian pretty much any restaurant in PV. Quesadillas w/ vegetables, cheese enchiladas, pasta, pizza, salads, etc.

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,627 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegetarian in PV?

Make your own sandwiches from the grocery store (very cheap)... fresh rolls, avocado, tomato, cukes, etc.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vegetarian in PV?

Staying at Grand Mayan in Nuevo Funman. Walmart's in NJ don't sell food only Super Walmarts is why I asked. Thanks for that. If you know veggie places let me know.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vegetarian in PV?

Suze2you, thanks. Other than the salad those aren't the first choices of most vegetarians. Those might be somebodies desire when they don't want meat. Vegetarianism is a healthy lifestyle. Pizza for example isn't healthy. Might taste good though.