We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

and it cotinues

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,751 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
and it cotinues

what's been a treat every morning is the boy/man with his dog fishing in the boat---negro--short e---they call him according to pepe. he and the others out here work so diligently every morning. watching them makes my coffee tastes better.

just toast for breaky this morning---not taking any chances. went to visit the doctor across from pla on my way to los muertos. i really like him. fyi---for anyone who has---delicately put---the runs---he suggests a natural pill with charcoal called threchop---it really works well--$120p---hopefully you won't need it but just in case.

spent time at los muertos---broken record.

at around 6:00--we met pepe and theresa his wife for dinner. he stayed in pv instead of going home and his wife---who speaks no english---came into town. pepe always wanted us to meet her---she is sweet. we ate at the sea monkey. fish tacos, beef tacos, hamb(king kong ) and poor me a cheese quesadilla--beers---$375p. i wanted him to see the you tube video that he's in so showed it to him as a surprise.. he goes,"i'm gonna cry." we went up to our condo--i made drinks for everyone'cept me---boohoo---we had a great time.---they had to catch a bus to go home--an hour away.

the next day--today---i witnessed such devotion to our lady of guadalupe. if you have ever been there---the aisle is quite long. a gentleman on his knees upright was slowly making his way to he altar praying---wowza.

so after mass and some shopping--we bought a chicken, beans, tortillas, potatoes $120p at the corner of insurgentes and a. serdan(kitty corner to hotel belmar)--delicious fathers day meal on the balcony.

the big guy drank a quart of beer---wanted to catch a nap---gee i wonder why---hell it was fathers day---so we, who spend so much time at the beach --did something different. he slept---i walked around town. i saw stuff i never saw---even went into shops and places i bypassed before. took pix of things besides the beach---different day for me.

when i got back, we went to the rooftop pool---made a drink---I'm BACK!!!---then we went to cafe mordida. he had 2 dozen oysters, some rockefeller, 3 beers, me---lasagna(excellent) salad, garlic bread, a nice drink(kahlua, vodka, baileys 330p. had a great time with the peeps there. we came back, watched a light show--sure is raining.

you guys asleep yet?

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,494 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: and it cotinues

No not at all

I am in a hotel drinking bad tea suddenly starving

Your reports do that to me lol

Love reading them :)

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: and it cotinues

re: your last meal, when you say "I'm BACK" you aren't kidding around!!!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
228 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: and it cotinues

What fun trip reports! Thank you so much for taking the time to share. I really enjoy reading them. :-)

Vancouver
Level Contributor
998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: and it cotinues

You are having one fine time!

I'm glad you mentioned that gentleman on his knees as a sign of great devotion. I saw a woman doing it & was very sad...thinking she had a very big request..now I can see it another way.

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: and it cotinues

I must have missed a report in there iyams! Will have to go back & check - glad that your bug subsided & u r back to normal!! What time of morning do you have coffee & watch pepe & the dog??

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: and it cotinues

Unless you are watching a different Boy in a Boat with a dog...the Boy is "Blackie" and the dog is" Hatchi.". The dog is brown and white and very much still a puppy in actions. They are great to watch.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,751 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: and it cotinues

negro(short e) means black so i think it's the same boy-----yeah they are fun---they went for a swim saturday---hasn't been fishing for 2 days

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: and it cotinues

They are quite the pair, aren't they. I knew negro ( short e) meant black, but someone else mentioned someone named Pepe with a dog, so that is what I was asking. Is there another set of Boy in a Boat with a dog? I watched the puppy get annoyed with Blackie one morning for leaving himin the boat by himself.. He barked for a bit and then jumoed off the boat and swam to shore to be reunited. It was hysterical.

Edited: 17 June 2014, 03:59
Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,789 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: and it cotinues

That's great you got to go to dinner with Pepe, and invite them up to the pool. I'll bet it was a lot of fun.

Glad you're feeling better.

Yip saw Hatchi and Blackie too, that dog is so cute with his brown and white coloring, but I'm only seen him from a distance.

Enjoying your reports, keep'em coming.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: and it cotinues

Love hearing all the reports. Just makes me look forward to my next few trips there. (So far 3 planned for this year and if all works out well with my parents, there will be one more with them in July). Keep them coming:) Can't help but think of food no matter which reports I read!!!