We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic bar?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
45 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic bar?

I see a lot of threads about romantic restaurants. I'm more interested in the most romantic place to stop and have a drink. Maybe a quality international wine list, good cocktails, a view, low music (live, jazz would be a plus).

Any recommendations?

North Providence...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic bar?

The River Café would fit the bill.

Good drinks and soft jazz.

Michael

|Wisconsin Rapids...
Level Contributor
816 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic bar?

We have had drinks only at La Palapa listening to the live music and enjoyed it very much. Here is a link:

http://www.lapalapapv.com/site/palapa-bar/

See if that fits the bill.

Happy Travels, The Cheeseheads

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
5,136 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic bar?

Well if you are in or near the Marina, I was going to suggest 'El Faro' (the lighthouse). The views of the Marina are spectacular, especially the sunsets. However according to recent threads DO NOT USE A DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD at el Faro; CASH ONLY as many recent guests have had their credit / debit cards compromised.

I still like El Faro for its views, ambiance, and scene; I guess I just would not take or use plastic of any sort.

Se diviertan!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
7,320 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic bar?

Along the same lines as the River Cafe, you might enjoy Le Bistro. Barcelona Tapas is another lovely spot with a great view. Not open in low season but Casa Isabel is a great spot. Finally, the bar at the Pinnacle is beautiful.

Lake Mills...
Level Contributor
917 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic bar?

Uh, Le Bistro has been closed for several years.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
7,320 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic bar?

Uh, wrong. Re-opened in May.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,989 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic bar?

I agree, River Café and La Palapa definitely both fit the request nicely. Although honestly I'm not sure about the "quality international wine list" part?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
840 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic bar?

Vista Grill has a great bar with a gorgeous, romantic view.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic bar?

I would also have to recommend the River Café, and Casa Isabel. The view is more charming at Casa Isabel.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,948 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic bar?

There are a few places around with larger wine lists, but not many. Vista Grill has a lovely lounge and a very nice wine list...but I'd skip the lounge and do drinks at one of the view tables along the rail or on the second level. They often have a nice soft jazz trio.

La Palapa, River Café, Vitea - all nice choices.

If you're open to something maybe a bit more fun and a tad more adventurous - Garbo martini bar on Pulpito. No view, but great A/C, excellent martinis, and several nights a week they have a piano bar player who does a variety of classics and Broadway show tunes. Note: this is a straight friendly gay bar.