We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

calendar of local events

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Blaine, Minnesota...
Level Contributor
308 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
calendar of local events

Is there a website or anything that I can trust to provide a good schedule of local events.. I'll be going in January and as that approaches it would be nice to figure out if anythings going on that would be fun for us. Stuff like celebrations or festivals. Anything seasonal... I see people talk about restaurant days and cantina crawls... stuff like that. Any suggestions?

1. Re: calendar of local events

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 00:05
Seattle
Level Contributor
42,179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: calendar of local events

After you arrive pick up a newspaper (mirror/tribune) there's a calendar of weekly events in those

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,761 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: calendar of local events

Here's one place to check before your trip......

vallartainfo.com/puerto-vallarta-events.htm

A while back there was a thread about some things coming up over the next few months...I thought. Maybe somebody knows what I'm talking about?

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: calendar of local events

In my experience it's hard to find accurate information in advance. For example the Paradise Community Center website calendar showed nothing going on (last Nov.) but when I got to town and walked by, their bulletin board had all kinds of events each week. Same for my Zumba classes. And many fun things I have done in the past were nothing I saw online but in the newspapers I mentioned already... like gallery openings, store parties, book signings, etc.

Edited: 20 June 2014, 23:29
Blaine, Minnesota...
Level Contributor
308 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: calendar of local events

.sometimes I don't think of the most obvious solutions, like a newspaper! JR, I can imagine its tough getting the info with much notice; I'll use your page as a reference as well.. thanks guys.. good info as always!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: calendar of local events

It takes longer to get something into print, than online, I can change or add events in minutes. The tourist publications are, at best published weekly.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
92 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: calendar of local events

The website pvscene.com has an events calendar that I have found useful.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: calendar of local events

Yes the newspapers I referred to are the "tourist publications" and I agree with "weekly at best". But that is where I've found some of my more interesting things to go do, that I would not have known about otherwise. There's usually someone handing them out at the exit to the shark tank at the airport. Grab one there.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,856 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: calendar of local events

Or you can grab one at The Tourist Office which is on a corner close to Guadalupe church. AND... They have them at the Paradise Community Center across from Cocos Kitchen at the Saturday market.

10. Re: calendar of local events

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 05:17