We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo rentals

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Condo rentals

Looking for a 2 bedroom condo or 1 bedroom with pullout couch in Peurto Vallarta area.

Unfamiliar with this area of Mexico.

Late January 2015 for approx. 3-4 weeks.

Dates are flexible.

Oceanfront or short walk to beach.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

toronto
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo rentals

I was advised to check out the following sites when I came here looking for accommodation suggestions:

VRBO

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…puerto-vallarta

Home Away

http://www.homeaway.com/search/refined/mexican-riviera/puerto-vallarta/region:5982/Property+Type:condo

Flip Key

flipkey.com/puerto-vallarta-vacation-rentals…

Browse around these sites. I actually found a condo in VRBO for our needs and I booked it with the owners for March 2015. It's in the South Zone, away from the hustle & bustle but only 15/20 easy bus ride away from the sights and sounds of downtown/Zona Romantica. I knew very little of Puerto Vallarta when I came to this forum earlier this month...but I got to learn a lot by browsing this forum, and the "Things to do", "Activities", "Hotels" etc sections. I am sure someone much more knowledgeable than I will come along shortly to help you out like they helped me!

toronto
Level Contributor
280 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo rentals

I was advised to check out the following sites when I came here looking for accommodation suggestions:

VRBO

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…puerto-vallarta

Home Away

Flip Key

Browse around these sites. I actually found a condo in VRBO for our needs and I booked it with the owners for March 2015. It's in the South Zone, away from the hustle & bustle but only 15/20 easy bus ride away from the sights and sounds of downtown/Zona Romantica. I knew very little of Puerto Vallarta when I came to this forum earlier this month...but I got to learn a lot by browsing this forum, and the "Things to do", "Activities", "Hotels" etc sections. I am sure someone much more knowledgeable than I will come along shortly to help you out like they helped me!

(Sorry for double post. Missed the "Edit" deadline and one of the link posted there was bad..so had to repost!)

Edited: 23 June 2014, 03:15
Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,123 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo rentals

Second what Priya said & also, would be good for us here on the forum to know a price range, your "must haves", your "can live withouts but would be nice", what sort of area you want to be in, any mobility issues due to the fact that many condos are up & down many steps, others not so much, etc - you mention your unfamiliarity with this area of Mexico - Puerto Vallarta has many distinct areas so do the research & get back on here with more questions - welcome! -

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo rentals

You might also want to try Craigslist for PV

http://pv.en.craigslist.com.mx/

If we knew a little bit more about what you like to do then maybe we could help with advice on areas to look at & some to ignore. Some areas of PV can be a very steep climb also perhaps a budget range as that might Eliminate some buildings .

Make sure to leave some time open for the TA meetup Tuesday afternoon 5:30 @ Pour Favor.

Look at this website, full of great Information,

vallartainfo.com

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,123 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo rentals

Ian - we were SO on the same page - LOL!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
7,432 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo rentals

Not sure of your price range but I always stay at One Beach Street (see my review). Probably around $2000 for a month in a one bedroom. I love the location on Amapas in Old Town. It's not the fanciest place but I love the staff and all the condos have washer/dryers, full kitchen. Ocean front is more expensive but buildings B and C are fine if you don't have to have ocean front. I've stayed here every year for the past 10 years and I think it's just fine. Contact:

322-223-1521 (front desk/reception) or email: frontdeskhoa@gmail.com

Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo rentals

Thank you for your help.

Our price range is 2-3k.

We are ok with some stairs but would prefer less.

we are in our 50's. We are social and enjoy dinners out, some nightlife, shopping, touring around, and beach time. We enjoy easy cycling as well.

If we could get a 1 bedroom with a kitchen and with a pullout in case our kids want to visit that would be great.

Much appreciated.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,031 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Condo rentals

I would start by using somewhere like VRBO that allows you to filter available condos based on your dates. It also allows you to filter based on number of bedrooms (please note if you are going to select a one bedroom unit to ensure it says "sleeps 4", as that will usually mean there is either a pullout or two sofas large enough to sleep on).

BTW I'll just note now that even though it's only June, the timeframe you're looking at is VERY popular so a lot of condos are either already rented, or owners are "in residence" which thins out the availability pool. I'd start looking in earnest ASAP and get a place chosen, or risk losing out on good possibilities. A lot of condo renters who book for long term in the high season (4 weeks or longer) usually book up to a year in advance; many leave deposits for their next stay during their present stay.

To get what you're looking for in terms of other wants/needs, I'd focus on something in the zona romantica area, el centro, or possibly in the marina area. You can also filter on VRBO based on locations.

Good luck.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,186 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Condo rentals

Since you are not familiar with how things are laid out, I would first look at the maps at www.vallarta-info.com so you understand all the different areas around the bay. Starting north is: Nuevo Vallarta, Bucerias, the airport, The Marina, north Hotel Zone, south Hotel Zone, Centro/downtown, Southside/zona romantic, then onto the beaches to the south outside town. Bay of Banderas is huge, so this will help you narrow down where to look for your condo, once you decide what area(s) you want to stay in.

Ont.Canada
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Condo rentals

I am surprised only Fred came up with a specific recommendation although there has been a lot of good advice given. Study the maps, understand the areas, read the info on this forum to see what happens in which area. Ask more questions here & hopefully you will get more specific recommendations as well.

We rent a condo in the marina, facing the boats in the marina so we have no beachfront although we have acces to beach across the road, 5 minute walk. We feel we get more bang for our buck out there, bigger condos for less rent. Marina is beautiful big level boardwalk to wander about with lots of stores, restaurants, bars, salons, spas, etc. BUT all the real action, nightlife etc happens in centro & south side so we do head downtown approx 4 -5 nights week which we really enjoy & it is only 15/20 minutes on the bus & 7.5 pesos (60c) soon big deal & at the end of the night head back to the peace & quiet of the marina. Not for everyone but works for us. There are many very upscale beachfront condos in the marina area within your budget range?

Another thing to be aware of down town is that the 5 blocks in from the ocean can be reasonably flat/level but further inland can be a VERY steep incline as you have the backdrop of the mountains all around.

I wouldn't sweat it if you don't get it just perfect this time, treat it like a scouting trip for your future perfect location, because you will be back !!! PV is a great vibrant community with great people both locals & visitors with soooo much to see & do, we never tire of it & I am sure you will love it also.

Hope you get some more in depth info on specific areas from insiders who have been there done that.

Have a great time !