We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taking a bus from Los Muertos beach to Bucerias

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Penetanguishene...
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Topic
taking a bus from Los Muertos beach to Bucerias

Has any one ever gone this route before?

My husband and I would like to take our 5 and 8 yr olds on the bus to Bucerias for part of the day.

I don't know that area at all but would like to go to a nice beach and possibly have lunch and drinks on the beach. Is this offered there?

Can we walk from the beach to explore the shops and restaurants in town?

How long is the bus ride and when is the last bus back to PV?

Is this safe to do with little children?

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taking a bus from Los Muertos beach to Bucerias

You can find a blue and white bus in front of the movie theatre on Insurgentes that is marked Aeropuerto or Sams and take it to the Walmart Sams parking lot or the aeropuerto bus to directly across the street from the airport. There are two bus companies serving the Bucerias route from those points. The silver and blue ATM buses are ten pesos and the green and white Pacifico buses for 12 pesos. Return bus service from Bucerias stops a little after ten p.m.

There are plenty of waterfront restaurants and a great beach and shopping in the town square too. Buses are typically more crowded in the early mornings and late afternoons with workers.On Sunday only there is an outdoor farmers market that takes place up the riverbed under the overpass about 100 meters. The main shopping area is surrounding the town square but there are some great restaurants on the southside of the river that seperates Bucerias too.

United States
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taking a bus from Los Muertos beach to Bucerias

If you take the bus to Walmarts/Sams when you disembark the city bus you just need to follow the sidewalk to the bus stop at the north end of the parking lot which is where the buses to Bucerias stop.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
179 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taking a bus from Los Muertos beach to Bucerias

We caught a bus from Los Muertos also on a Sunday morning in June w/our 2 kids,13 and 15. Jumped off and switched buses near Sams. We were going to Sayulita. It was a $1 each way for each of us. Totally safe and a great experience for the kids. One thing we did buy a bottle of water from some guy that came on at Sam's just to sell water but on closer inspection decided not to drink it because it looked like it had been refilled. I think it was about a 1/2 hour to Bucerias and an hour to Sayulita. I thought the last bus back was at about 4:00.