We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Party Resort Suggestions please and thank you

BC
Level Contributor
432 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Party Resort Suggestions please and thank you

Hello,

My daughter and her girlfriend want to go to Puerto Vallarta for a grad present to themselves. They want to and I quote "party at the pool and the beach". They would like a 4*+ resort with a swim up bar, 24hour room service and a party atmosphere.

We stayed at Canto del Sol and my daughter didn't like it.

Thank you.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
495 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Party Resort Suggestions please and thank you

I don't know about a "party atmosphere" they may have to go downtown to the clubs for that but Golden Crown/Crown Paradise might fit the bill for the swim up bar and 24hr room service.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Party Resort Suggestions please and thank you

Others may have some ideas for you but I don't think Vallarta is a great party town for the young set. Generally appeals to a more adult crowd. I can't really think of a resort with a real party pool scene. Maybe others have found someplace I am not aware of. I would steer them to Cabo or Cancun.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,978 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Party Resort Suggestions please and thank you

For what she wants I would send her to Cancun. It sounds like exactly what she is looking for.

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
9,810 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Party Resort Suggestions please and thank you

Yes, I agree with the above. Kids love Cancun. Party on!

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,247 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Party Resort Suggestions please and thank you

They should go to Cabo San Lucas or Cancun instead.

I love PV dearly but it's just not that kind of place for the most part. They can certainly party, but they'd go to the nightclubs downtown (off their resort) for the best of that. Vallarta is about the town, not about staying at your resort to party (again, not that it's impossible to do so, but there are other places that better fill their request).

suze

Edited: 29 June 2014, 00:15
BC
Level Contributor
432 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Party Resort Suggestions please and thank you

Thanks guys! I did suggest Cancun and she keeps saying PV. As a family we have been to PV many times so my daughter is very comfortable for her.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Party Resort Suggestions please and thank you

Well, I think she's going to be disappointed. There are some "party" clubs on the Malecon as others have mentioned but I don't think most of the resorts will meet her expectations. You can always say "I told you so" - lol.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
495 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Party Resort Suggestions please and thank you

What didn't she like about Canto Del Sol?

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
953 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Party Resort Suggestions please and thank you

What about

Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta in Nuevo Vallarta? Nice beach, seems more like something that would like better than Canto Del Sol.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,795 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Party Resort Suggestions please and thank you

A good question is...does she really want to party hardy every night? If not she has a possibility of finding something, mixed with the hotel she's at and a club crawl, then a visit to the clubs on their own. She would have to be more creative if she wants PV. I think Senor Frogs's still does Foam parties, so that's one night taken care of if she wants to be creative. :-o)