We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropical Storms

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Tropical Storms

We arrive Saturday for our week long vacation a Now Amber...can anyone tell me if the two tropical storms are expected to still have a negative impact on the weather next week? It's so stressful to see the weather reports from over here. I understand weather is unpredictable but just wanted to see if anyone had any "first hand" weather reports or forecasting that might be more optimistic. Thanks!

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,165 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropical Storms

< It's so stressful to see the weather reports >

Stop looking :) I never check the weather before my PV trips. I just go.

(I know doesn't answer your question, and I mean this post in the nicest/most positive way). Forecasts are notoriously inaccurate, so why get stressed over it? kindly, suze

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,680 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropical Storms

According to NHC, Douglas is way out in the ocean and not a threat at all as it's moving west, not east.

Elida is way south of PV and also moving out to sea.

Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropical Storms

Thanks Jen. Was wondering about the 2 storms. Never having been in PV during a good one, wondering if we were going to get lucky in the next 2 weeks.

Kattylee, whatever the weather brings it will be fun.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,680 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropical Storms

Elida may or may not be causing some rain and high tides south but it really doesn't look like any sort of threat to PV. Douglas is way northwest now on the outside of the Baja peninsula.

Bookmark this site and you can always check in to see what's going on. Looks like Arthur is going to give the east coast of the US some problems for the Fourth weekend. (-;

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,359 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropical Storms

We're still in the middle of this week, so I wouldn't worry about next week since it looks reasonable that it'll be gone by then.

When we arrived right after a little weather concern similar to this, it was only cloudy and somewhat rainey, but not a complete rain event.

People in PV, just keep on doing what they're doing when it rains, and you'll be able to as well. There is a recent thread on other things to do if it's really raining hard....probably still in the next 2 - 4 forum pages. :-)

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tropical Storms

Thanks everyone...I'm staying optimistic! As long as I get to lay in the sun, I don't mind rain in the morning or evening. :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,680 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tropical Storms

I have never been in July when there wasn't at least SOME sun. It was usually about an 80-20 mix of sun to cloud/rain. And the rain was dearly needed to cool off.

8. Re: Tropical Storms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 06:16