We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about noise.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
522 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
question about noise.

we go to PV every year..last time one month.but found it so noisey and a bit crazy.

thinking of renting a condo in Buceris or some where else. any ideas for a more laid back town.

we eat out for dinner.and love markets etc.

Wi
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question about noise.

When are you going and when did you go that it was noisey? I know a lot of questions. We were in Bucerias last summer and it was dead quiet. The February before we were in PV and it was busy and noisey...

Edited: 03 July 2014, 05:23
Blaine, Minnesota...
Level Contributor
308 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question about noise.

Sayulita looks cheap for renting places. Or I bet yelapa would be awesome to stay at.

Blaine, Minnesota...
Level Contributor
308 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question about noise.

I'm far from an expert but staying at Yelapa looks awesome. Check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg4NiCGK5p0

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question about noise.

Mexico is not a quiet country :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,046 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: question about noise.

JR I totally agree,But I love the gas trucks,they are noisy but happy noisy ;)

Virginia
Level Contributor
411 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: question about noise.

We usually stay in a condo on the south beach area along the road (hwg 200) to Mismaloya because it is quiet & peaceful & we don't enjoy crowds. However town and restaurants are just a 20 minute, 80 peso bus ride away. Buses come often, about every 10 minutes. There are many condo buildings and a couple hotels/resorts also. We have stayed in San Francisco or San Pancho as it is called there, which is a 45 minute drive north from the airport, for the same reasons. There are several great restaurants and places to stay in town and just outside of town in the jungle area. We usually rent a car when we stay there but it is possible to rely on public transportation. I would be happy to recommend some places if you send me a personal message.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,361 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: question about noise.

Here's how I would rate the quiet quotient in a few towns not more than an hour away from PV.

Quietest to loudest towns imo, and even in some of them it depends on where you stay I think.

Yelapa

Boca de Tomatlan

Mismaloya

La Cruz de Huanacaxle

Punta Mita

Sayulita

Bucerias

Puerto Vallarta

They all have enough restaurants, and most have a market, or aren't far from somewhere that does.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,395 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: question about noise.

You might like Rincon de Guayabitos or La Peñita. In addition to TA forums there is a forum called Jalltemba Bay Folk.

These towns are very popular with Canadian snowbirds. Accommodation is reasonable No need for a vehicle. A weekly market but also, lots of opportunity to buy fresh fruits and veggies, fish etc. very nice calm beach.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,197 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: question about noise.

I think any of the smaller towns, both to the north and to the south, fit what you request. But noise is particular to where you are staying. You could be out in the middle of nowhere and if they're doing construction next door... Or right in the heart of Vallarta find quiet, if your lodging is tucked away somewhere not on a busy street, by a bar, whatever.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: question about noise.

Of course I'm biased, but I think Bucerias is the perfect fit. It's not so quiet that its dead, but pretty quiet at night. Of course there is the annual festival that can be noisy, the roosters, and dogs that you will get everywhere, but you also get the convenience of having so many great restaurants and bars all within walking distance.