We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in PV - Good Beach - Day pass?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
China Spring...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time in PV - Good Beach - Day pass?

We are coming to PV for the first time in a couple of weeks. We are staying in a B&B, but would love to purchase a day pass to a resort for the day. I am confused which would be the best for us as our plan was to do so at dreams PV and now we can't do that. Are there other resorts near by with the same beach atmosphere? We want to lay on a good beach with nice loungers (pools not as important) with good service and good food. I got a response from Secrets but there seems to be negative opinions of the beach there. We might be interested in paying extra and stay into the evening for dinner and entertainment if there are facilities to use with pass for changing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in PV - Good Beach - Day pass?

Why not just take your own towels and go to Los Muertos Beach, where you do not need to pay anything? There are any watering holes / restaurants right there in the immediate area, so when you are thirsty or hungry you can just go buy whatever you want. And since you are then buying their services, you can also use their facilities (i.e. bathrooms).

Personally I much prefer to lay on a towel on the sand in Pto. Vallarta, vs. a (hard) lounger. I can use a lounger anywhere including home; however I can only lay on top of the wonderful sands of Pto. Vallarta in one (1) location in the entire world..... and that just happens to be in Pto. Vallarta. Just my opinion.....

Se diviertan!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,769 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in PV - Good Beach - Day pass?

There is a list of places in the Top Questions section on the right.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,352 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in PV - Good Beach - Day pass?

For a higher end experience on Los Muertos beach go to La Palapa. They will have very nice loungers and umbrellas. They're a little more expensive, but you don't have to only go there. There are numerous places you can order lunch and use their loungers all day. My favorite seating is the sling chairs that a lot of places have. All of the restaurant staff will move your umbrella wherever you want.

For a day pass to a resort if you would like a really nice one, Garza Blanca would be similar to Dreams in that the beach is much the same, a good beach and isolated a little, with few to no vendors.

Edited: 13 July 2014, 02:23
Oregon
Level Contributor
8,627 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in PV - Good Beach - Day pass?

When I contacted Garza Blanca they said they don't give out day passes anymore. In a thread we had a just little bit ago, another person said they called them and they said you could give them a call the day you want to go and see if there's room. They also told them if anyone asks ahead of time they just say they don't do it (which is what I did when I telephoned them from the states inquiring). So I don't know for sure if they do. I would love a day pass there but not sure if they do them.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,352 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in PV - Good Beach - Day pass?

Oh thanks for that reminder Deana. Since it's low season when they'll be there, it's worth giving Garza a call when in PV. I doubt they're very busy and might welcome the business. Worth a try anyway.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,867 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in PV - Good Beach - Day pass?

Unless youre scoping out an all-inclusive or resort for your next trip I agree with LonestarGumby... take your towels ands spend the day at Los Muertos beach, patronize any of the restaurants there and you will have use of lounge chairs, umbrellas and restroom facilities while there; there are plenty of restaurants, bars and taco stands in the immediate area to choose from.

Other than Los Muertos Beach the Buenaventura just north of downtown has a good beach, and hotels further north in the then the hotel zone... Friendly Hola, Villa del Palmar, Holiday Inn, Krystal, Golden Crown Paradise (adults only) and Crown Paradise Club.

Edited: 13 July 2014, 12:40
Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,867 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time in PV - Good Beach - Day pass?

...forgot to mention the new Hilton also located north in the hotel zone.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,262 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time in PV - Good Beach - Day pass?

<We want to lay on a good beach with nice loungers (pools not as important) with good service and good food.>

I agree that describes the beach called Playa Los Muertos. It's lined with beach bars and restaurants where you can use chairs/loungers, umbrella/palapa, tables, have waiter service, use restrooms, and serving great food and drinks. La Palapa is one of the nicest imo.

(sorry don't know about resorts where you'd find a day pass, nightly entertainment, etc.)

California
Level Contributor
151 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time in PV - Good Beach - Day pass?

Just thought I'd mention, those of us using the TA app do not see the questions and answers on the right. They are seen on the website. 😊

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time in PV - Good Beach - Day pass?

When do you arrive? We get to Now in a few weeks - I can give you a first hand report of the beach/service/atmosphere however, even though we have gone the all inclusive route we will definitely be spending a day at Playa Los Muertos!

What are the groups recommendations on the best day of the week at PLM? Want to go when most restaurants are open but not busiest day of week.