We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauricio's in Ixtapa

Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mauricio's in Ixtapa

Has anyone been to Mauricio's? I've heard a little and it sounds like a good bet for seafood and local color.

We'll be staying at the Mayan Palace in the Marina area and need to figure out how to get there -- Is it a lunch or dinner recommendation?

Approximately what should we expect to pay for a cab? Or should we rent a car and drive out there?

Mentioned in this post
Mayan Palace Puerto Vallarta
Mayan Palace Puerto...
1,013 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,951 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mauricio's in Ixtapa

We love Mauricio's. I haven't been there for a couple of months, but here's what I know.

It's closed Mondays. Other days, it's open basically noonish until 7:00 or 8:00 pm--but if you're seated by 7:00 no problem. But it is basically a daytime place.

As for transportation, any bus going to Ixtapa stops right in front of it. We have our own car and I've always seen tons of buses going by so that should be a good alternative for you. I'm not sure the cost of a cab but it wouldn't be that much as it isn't very far.

Good luck.

Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mauricio's in Ixtapa

Thanks, careyeroslib. We'll try it for sure. Do you have any other recommendations for special and/or unusual places for us to try?

Also, any places we should be sure to see/do. We're in our early 70's, so aren't looking for hightlife - just interesting/unique things.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mauricio's in Ixtapa

Cabs Zihua to Ixtapa 50 pesos. Bus 6 pesos.

Oakville
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mauricio's in Ixtapa

Peddlar: The Ixtapa we're talking about is a little suburb of Puerto Vallarta. Not the Ixtapa near Zihua. It's confusing. Lots of places with the same names.

Evanston JS: : When are you going? (It somewhat depends on time of year where I would recommend).

Let me know.

Libby

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,951 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mauricio's in Ixtapa

Peddlar: The Ixtapa we're talking about is a little suburb of Puerto Vallarta. Not the Ixtapa near Zihua. It's confusing. Lots of places with the same names.

Evanston JS: : When are you going? (It somewhat depends on time of year where I would recommend).

Let me know.

Libby

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,560 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mauricio's in Ixtapa

"As for transportation, any bus going to Ixtapa stops right in front of it."

Libby .... just wondering (as my mouth tends to water at this time of day when one speaks of good seafood!!) -- from the south-side of town, would that be the same bus (as long as it says 'Ixtapa') that one takes to go to the airport from the south-side? And if so, would Mauricio's be a stop before or after the airport?

Gracias amiga!!

Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mauricio's in Ixtapa

We'll be there from November 26 to December 3 (not nearly long enough! We love PV and have been there a number of times, but for our friends, it'll be the first time).

For that bus to Mauricio's -- I don't suppose it comes into the Marina, does it? Must we go all the way downtown to get it? Or can we get it at WalMart (or Sam's or whatever that stop is that seems to be a transfer point?)

If we decide to take a cab instead, approximately what would that cost? It might be worth it rather than 2 separate buses x 4 people, plus the amount of time that would take.

(By the way, it's NIGHTlife I meant that we're not looking for, not HIghtlife, but you probably figured that out.)

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mauricio's in Ixtapa

Hi! We stay at Club Regina at the Westin property and IF we remember correctly - we paid between $12.00 and $16.00 for a taxi to Mauricios. Well worth the fare. Another great eat!

Mentioned in this post
Club Regina Puerto Vallarta
Club Regina Puerto...
779 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,281 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mauricio's in Ixtapa

We paid 100 pesos for a taxi from the Marina to Ixtapa in June. We went a little further than Mauricio's - we went to the soccer fields to watch a soccer game, wished we would have stopped to eat first!

10. Re: Mauricio's in Ixtapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 02:19