We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concha Chinas how far from town/restaurants

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Concha Chinas how far from town/restaurants

I now have been looking at vrbo and have found some beautiful condos in this area. I know it seems about 5-10 min from town. My son would be easily entertained by a pool or beach so I'm not concerned with that. I like the idea of tone not too far away although I'd prefer to have a choice to walk, and the fact going "home" would be quiet. It looks very beautiful and tranquil there. Thoughts? We don't mind getting groceries for breakfast, lunch some days and dinners out etc. It seems close to a lot if things. I know garza Blanca is out that way and gets great reviews

Lthoughts with family? Just FYI when I stayed in cabo we did stay at resort condo but no kids club. It was fabulous as we could walk some way to dinner and sometimes it was a5-10 min cab. No so issues with that really. It was tranquil in evenings.

Mentioned in this post
Garza Blanca
Garza Blanca
193 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,076 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concha Chinas how far from town/restaurants

it's a choice worth exploring for the tranquil and beautiful atmosphere you describe. Not as many kids, if any.

You can't walk to restaurants as it's to the West (down to the beach) and East (up on the hill) off Highway 200. You can't walk the road. The bus or a taxi is 5 to 10 minutes, as you noted. If you took the bus or a cab to town, you'd be right in the middle of plenty of restaurant choices, within the easy 10 minutes. Then you could walk everywhere. Just not from those beautiful VRBO places.

You could walk the beach up into north into town, but it would be quite a hike and not something you would want to do everyday (rocks in the way, etc.).

It's beautiful though and since Garza Blanca was recommended in response to your other questions, definitely look into it. The only time I've ever stayed right in that area was not in Conchas Chinas per se but at Lindo Mar, which is right on the highway in between upper and lower Conchas Chinas. Lovely small property but doesn't fit your upscale description and when I was staying, there were no kids your child's age at all.

Plenty to choose from so I hope you're getting closer to narrowing it down with your list of priorities. Also, note that the beaches in the Conchas Chinas area tend to be smaller coves, as opposed to the wide expansive beaches more north. Las Palmares Beach is a wider, expansive beach but you'd have to take the bus or a taxi to get there. It would be slightly south of where you're looking.

Good luck.

Edited: 20 July 2014, 19:15
Mentioned in this post
Garza Blanca
Garza Blanca
193 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Lindo Mar Resort
Lindo Mar Resort
280 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concha Chinas how far from town/restaurants

If it's inland (east) of the highway, there is quite a hill to climb!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,076 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concha Chinas how far from town/restaurants

Right --- my good buddy and her husband were there for a week just recently and the hill is a super-mountain-goat. I had recommended they take the bus into town (since I knew it was easy and cheap and right down the hill from where they were staying ---- same bus stop as you would pick up at Lindo Mar) but she said it was so steep, they couldn't even make it down the hill. Had to call a cab.

I get the impression Rose and her family are younger and probably have good knees but people need to know that. Especially since Rose (the OP) has said on other threads that they want to be nearby restaurants they can walk to, comparing it to Cabo (which is nowhere near as hilly --- it's virtually flat in most areas).

When people stay in Conchas Chinas, and they want a good beach and being able to walk to town and having a fun place, with lots of kids, it doesn't match.

The upscale requirements match Conchas Chinas but the other criteria and needs do not. The "upscale/nicer" criteria seems to be getting in the way of finding a lot of decent, nice (but maybe not "nicer") resorts/condos which are very welcoming to children. Some of the criteria are, unfortunately, mutually-exclusive.

Edited: 20 July 2014, 20:26
Mentioned in this post
Lindo Mar Resort
Lindo Mar Resort
280 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
los angeles
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Concha Chinas how far from town/restaurants

Thanks everyone. I'm able to bend on upscale if it's homey, welcoming with a Mexican feel I'm fine with that too.

Danvers...
Level Contributor
901 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Concha Chinas how far from town/restaurants

I guess it all depends how far up the hill you stay.. We just stayed half or less up and would walk down to the bottom and catch the bus for a five minute ride to town. Sometimes we walked to the bottom of the hill and crossed the road and walked down Easy St and walked along the shore to the main beach and town. Probably twenty minutes but we always taxied back. Concha Chinas is very peaceful but very close to all the action

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Concha Chinas how far from town/restaurants

Marly

Lol on the knees I'm not that young and my knees do hurt sometimes! I do try to stay fit tho!

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,427 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Concha Chinas how far from town/restaurants

The answer depend on *where* in Conchas Chinas your place is located. That name covers a fairly large area. Some would be walkable, but some way up on the hill and/or other side of the highway that wouldn't be as convenient and you'd probably use taxis more often.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,898 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Concha Chinas how far from town/restaurants

With your various threads, I'm not sure now when you're planning to go to PV, and your budget per night. Maybe it was somewhere in one of those threads and I've missed it. I'm thinking knowing those two things might help a little, you never know.

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,427 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Concha Chinas how far from town/restaurants

Why would budget or time of year have anything to do with how close the condo is to town?

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,898 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Concha Chinas how far from town/restaurants

Summer - town is quieter, heat will make a difference in how often they truly want to walk to town, or whether they want to walk up or down stairs... ever. If it's August or September, rain can effect how much you really want to walk to town very often, or go up and down stairs/hills.

Budget- always has potential to make a difference imo.