We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad weather next week

Longview, Texas
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
Bad weather next week

I am about in tears. I get to PV Monday & it shows that it is suppose to storm all week. I know you can't control the weather but I work like a dog all year for a vacation & this just sucks.

USA
Level Contributor
613 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bad weather next week

It's PV in the rainy season. Decent chance it rains for 2 or 3 hours each day and will be beautiful the rest. Usually, it's so hot this time of year that you actually find yourself praying for rain to cool things off a touch. This board is full of "the sky is falling weather threads" this time of year. Honestly, it's a non-factor. You will love PV.

Edited: 09 August 2014, 21:01
Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,527 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bad weather next week

The forecasters can't predict when it's going to rain in a tropical environment. So, since it's rainy season they just show rain all day every day, but that's not what usually happens during rainy season, so ignore the forecasts.

Following up on Ocixem in post #1, have comfort in the fact that often the rain is in the evening or overnight, not always during the day. But, according to JR who lives there, PV hasn't been getting near the amount of rain they usually do.

In PV a lot of people just keep doing what they were doing outside, unless the rain comes with lightening, which is beautiful over the bay since there isn't anything to obstruct the view, so that's at least a perk.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,735 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bad weather next week

Traci you not working!! You will have a blast regardless of the weather!!!! Have fun!

United States
Level Contributor
9,583 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bad weather next week

I would die to have a chance to experience the thunder and lightning storms..... (Well not really..... but you know what I mean......). I've seen them on the webcam and hear everyone talking how great they are! Someday I'm going to visit right when they are happening.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,800 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bad weather next week

http://cuatesycuetes.com/eng/webcam/

Above is a link to a live PV webcam. Looks like sun to me.

Search for weather threads here over the past month and you'll see that the same thing has been put out by others, and the advice was identical to what you have received here.

Deep breath, remember it's a vacation in the tropics in rainy season and you can't control everything - and when you get panicked just look at the webcam.

Lake Mills...
Level Contributor
917 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bad weather next week

Weather forecasts for Vallarta are famously and notoriously wrong. Disregard. It might rain, it might not, and if it does it will -- as noted above -- usually be for an hour or two in the evening and actually welcomed. Bring along a collapsing-handled umbrella for your purse or bag and whistle a happy tune.

Edited: 09 August 2014, 21:44
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,457 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bad weather next week

There has been much less rain than usual this year. It is very hot now , but cooler than July was.

Except for the heat, it's been just as sunny as in the winter. Mostly sprinkles of rain rather than tropical downpours. A couple of typical storms, but not nightly.

Longview, Texas
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bad weather next week

I feel a bit better. It shows storms most of the days & worst day Tuesday is the only day we actually have a excursion planned. I pray it is not crappy the whole time. I spent most of my vacation trapped inside last year on a cruise.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bad weather next week

Very little rain right now, we really need it.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,227 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bad weather next week

No sense worrying you cannot change the weather. Weather reports and such are totally silly , it is rainy season so shows rain all the time, whole season LOL. With some exceptions it usually does not rain all day and night..and usually sun comes out every day. I am not a rain lover, actually I dislike rain, but maybe you will have a chance to see a night thunder and lightening storm with torrential rain which is astounding. Just one night ;)

Enjoy your vacation!