We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chinos' Paradise Restaurant

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Chinos' Paradise Restaurant

The location was a shangri-la. Has the restaurant opened again since 2009? I just recommended it to friends who are currently in PV. I would hate to have them come back and tell me it was closed.

Thanks for your reply.

Chuck

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chinos' Paradise Restaurant

Never a favorite of mine, very overpriced, many better places.

Even Chico's Paradise is better. Or Cuale Paraíso, or Moro Paraíso are way better, and closer to Vallarta, if you want to be beside a river.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,348 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chinos' Paradise Restaurant

Chino's is no more. The restaurant is gone and there's just a swimming hole that locals go out to on weekends to picnic and swim in the river. I was out there a couple of years ago.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chinos' Paradise Restaurant

Thanks for your reply. I had been there with my family probably 10 years or so ago. I thought the surroundings, including the approach to the area was quite unusual. I guess nothing stays the same!

Thanks again.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chinos' Paradise Restaurant

Thanks for your reply. My family went there several years ago and found the area to be unusual and quaint prior to arriving at the "swimming hole". Too bad some things have to change!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chinos' Paradise Restaurant

JR: Chico's Paradise was absolutely incredible in the 1980's. We went back in the early 21st century and it was totally commercialized and devoid of its original splendor. Too bad!!

6. Re: Chinos' Paradise Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 06:16