We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golden crown paradise resort, P.V.

alberta,canada
3 posts
Save Topic
golden crown paradise resort, P.V.

been there? what is it like? where is it located and what is near to walk to for some fun and shopping? any suggestions of what to do and see?

cleveland oh
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golden crown paradise resort, P.V.

We stayed at Golden crown for 2 weeks in feb 04

and it was great. The hotel is near the cruise ships

at the north end of the hotel zone.

The beach is great, lots of cabanas for shade and nice lounge chairs. they have a waiter that gets your drinks for you on the beach and at the pool.

We called one week before arriving and requested a room on an upper floor, it worked, we got a room on the top floor with cathedral ceilings at the corner of the building, great view of the city, mountians and ocean.

The food was great, always a good selection.

We had no complaints with this hotel!!

calgary
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: golden crown paradise resort, P.V.

Quick go somewhere else ...room service eats off the trays they are delivering to you and drinks your drinks ...its crowded noisy the beach the rooms smell the elevators work sporadically at best and the towel situation is probably the worst I have ever seen anywhere ..dont say you were not warned........

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: golden crown paradise resort, P.V.

We go every year to PV and stay at the Crown Paradise. If its the same one as you are planning on going to everything was wonderful. All Inclusive, 24 hours. Adults only. The service was exceptional, although it helps if you tip big on the first day so they get to know you. I would suggest taking a taxi downtown, although there is almost no need to leave the resort. Many people are selling items on the beach and the nightclub across the street is also owned by the restaurant.

If it is the same place say HI to Enrique the waiter for me!!

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: golden crown paradise resort, P.V.

Hi, we were in PV in Nov 04, we had some friends that stayed here that we went & visted, or met up with for dinner. We went to ther room & BLEH!!! It smelled like mildew & very cramped. It was on the fifth floor. The elevators were horrible! I don't like to ride in elevators as it is! My worst fear happend, when my friend & I were going down the elevator just stopped between floors. NOTHING!!! My adrenline was high & I some how managed to open the doors & climbed up to the floor to get out. That was the last time I went to meet them in their room. There are so many hotels that are nicer than this place in my oppinion. Just glad we didn't stay there!! Good luck!