We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grocery shooping in P.V.

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
grocery shooping in P.V.

Hi there, going to PV next July for 3 weeks. Will be staying in condo. We have been there for 1 week all inclusive a couple of years ago and loved it. This might be a silly question but we did not go to grocery stores in P.V. - what can we expect in quality and price of the food???? I know it's not going to be like home but was wondering about their meats/veggies etc...Thank you.

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grocery shooping in P.V.

Quality and price are about the same you would find anywhere, with some things cheaper and some more. I was very pleased with the quality of meat (beef) that purchased at Gigante. We also rented a condo last time and loved being able to cook if we wanted instead of going out all the time.

Lone Tree, Colorado
Level Contributor
584 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grocery shooping in P.V.

Walking through Gigante you would think you were in a supermarket in the states.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,989 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grocery shooping in P.V.

What part of town will you be in? I shop at Rizo's on the south-side. It is not that different from shopping at home (more fun maybe).

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grocery shooping in P.V.

We do a lot of our shopping at Walmart and also have shopped at Gigante. Always pleased with the selection and prices at both places. We tend to buy our veggies and fruits at a fruteria because we love the selections and freshness. I think you will find fruits/veggies in PV are far superior to what you probably get at home.

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grocery shooping in P.V.

Thanks for taking the time everyone. We will be staying in a condo at Los Tules, and I believe Gigante is close? so I'm relieved to hear that there's good choices for us. Thanks again.

Lone Tree, Colorado
Level Contributor
584 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: grocery shooping in P.V.

Gigante is right across the street!!

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: grocery shooping in P.V.

Right across the street!!! can't believe it. That is great. Cannot wait to go. Fell in love with P.V. in 2004 after trips to Dominican Republic, Cuba, cruise....P.V. is the place for us. Thanks again.

8. Re: grocery shooping in P.V.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 17:24