We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerta Vallarta

Briellenj
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Puerta Vallarta

Thank you to all that responed to my last posting. ( dom rep or pv)

We have decided to try Puerto Vallarta in April. I would like to have some input re: all -inclusives that are on a nice beach. I noticed that there are 3 different sections the Marina, PV,& np. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. My husband & I will be with our 2 adult children (27-24) Thanks again RN from NJ

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerta Vallarta

Hi RNfromNJ,

You will not regret Puerto Vallarta.....like I mentionned on your previous post we have been to many other places and PV is for us now!! we stayed at sister hotel of the Canto del Sol called Villa Vallartas from December 31/04 to January 7/05 and had full access to the Canto del Sol amenities. We really enjoyed our stay, the food was very good at the buffet and the a la carte were great. There are many resorts getting good reviews. I guess it depends on your budget. Use tripadvisor to get reviews on the resorts, it's a great site. If you want to stay near the malecon check out the Buenaventura, it's getting good reviews. That's the one we would check out if we were staying at an all-inclusive. We loved PV so much and found there was so much we did not get a chance to see that we dediced to go next summer. because that's the only time of year we can escape for longer!!! our boys are competitive hockey players and their schedule is ridiculous. We will be spending 3 glorious weeks in a two-level condo overlooking the mountains and Banderas bay!!!! and will have lots of time to visit everything we want. I'm sure you'll find a great resort to enjoy your time in PV.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerta Vallarta

The Golden Crown Paradise is an excellent adults only all inclusive. The staff is excellent, the food is great and it has a very nice beach. You also get to use the facilities at the sister resort next door at no extra charge. Tje guests next door don't get to come to the GCP. The restaurants at the GCP are all ala carte and they change their menus daily. The Breeze Bar has a great continental breakfast with sandwiches in the afternoon and a sushi bar at night. The tacos at the snack bar are great. The GCP is almost right next door to where the cruise ships come in and it's only about a 10 minute cab ride downtown ($5). I am in the process of planning my sixth trip to the GCP and wouldn't stay anyplace else.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
68 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerta Vallarta

I return from a week at the Golden Crown (GCP) on Dec 14. Watch for my review within a few days of that. It's my first visit there and after much research, I'm very excited to stay at the GCP. I think my review would be helpful to you, if you are considering that resort.

Everyone has there preferences. I've stayed in Nuevo Vallarta four times and while there are very nice resorts out there, it's too far from town. NV is wonderful if you plan to not leave the property.... but if you want sight see, eat out a few times, enjoy the city of Puerto Vallarta, you should stay in a resort in town.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,746 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerta Vallarta

As an 8 time repeater in the last 3 1/2 years at the Golden, I echo the previous recomendations. Lots of activities in the pool (volleyball, basketball, water polo, etc) for mom, dad and the 20's .Water aerobics at noon for mom. You also can use the facilities next door at the sister resort - Crown Paradise Club. They have large jacuzzi with a swim up bar that is a great afternoon spot. You are less than 15 minutes from town - $4 US by cab. The staff goes to a different club downtown each night. Coct is $7 to $10 US a night and includes cab into town and the first drink(s).

hennessey okla.
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerta Vallarta

I have been ready the advise for all inclusives in Puerto Vallarta. We are planning a trip in April also, just my husband and I. We want a place nice cozy and relaxing maybe not too far away from town. That maybe asking too much. We like activities but want to relax alittle more on this vacation. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

NJ
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerta Vallarta

Jamker,

My husband and aI are going the end of April and wanted the same, relaxing and cozy. After much research we decided on Villa Premier.

We are doing an AI because we are there for a short stay but we intend to have some meals out. We can't wait...wish we were leaving this weekend.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,746 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerta Vallarta

jamker

if you are going in April, I hope you have been checking on hotels and airfare. Some may not be available at this late date. April begins in just over 2 weeks and even the end of April is only 6 weeks away. Good Luck as see the earlier postings on this thread about the Golden Crown. We'll be there April 17 to 30 for the 9th time.

NJ
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerta Vallarta

Senorbobo,

We have all of our reservations. I wish we were leaving this weekend. It's soooo cold here.

NJ
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerta Vallarta

Senorbobo,

Sorry I see that your reply was not meant for me. I agree with you the choices get more difficult the longer that you wait. On the flip side of that, sometimes at the last minute you get better deals.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,163 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puerta Vallarta

The problem with April is if you happen to hit around Easter (Santa Semana)... those two weeks are HUGE in Vallarta.