We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taco stand question....

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Topic
Taco stand question....

There's a place (not really a "stand" so much as a sit down restaurant) that is not far from the start of the Malecon. If you are driving into town on the main strip, it's (i think) before the Malecon on a side street to the left. If you were to turn left, it'd be on your right and a gas station would be on the right? Anyone know what this place is called and any comments on it???

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taco stand question....

luv Fridays

I don't know the answer to your question but here is a fantastic Inside Page about the taco stands in PV. I post it here just to be informative for everyone.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150793-c5085/Puerto-…

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taco stand question....

Thanks Rein.....i've seen that page before and copied it for my trip! We went to the place i was asking about last year, mostly because it's on the way back to the hotel zone! I'd def hit up one on the south side if i were there at night but usually leaving the Malecon area, that's the opposite way so we've never bothered. I enjoyed the place i asked about so i'm curious to see what others thought of it? I think it might be called Pepe's or something like that (no, i'm not talking about Pipi's either ;)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,816 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taco stand question....

Is it just past the Buenaventura? It sounds like it's Rico McTaco.

Just a guess.

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taco stand question....

I am pretty sure it is Pepe's Tacos....right across from the Pemex gas station. There was a small mini-super next door but now it is a Taco de Marlin (like the one across from the airport)

At Pepe's there is a tacos de pastor station right by the door- open late at night.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,816 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taco stand question....

Heh, see how much time *I* spend north of the river? LOL

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
684 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taco stand question....

I would also say it Pepes Tacos, with a Pollo joint on teh corner of the main street. Both places are "good eats" with the Taco place open late into the night. (or at least it used to be)

The Rockies
Level Contributor
142 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taco stand question....

There is a place 1/2 block up from the main street (Paseo Diaz Ordaz) on J. Langarica right across the street to the south of the new Park Hilalgo. They serve a lot of shrimp in a mean taco. We have eaten there on both of our visits to PV.

Does anyone know the name??

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taco stand question....

bzy1......thanks, i was pretty sure that was it. Seemed more of a sit down style almost more like a restaurant than the actual "taco stands" that i frequented in Mazatlan a few years back ? Although we hit this place after "a few" at the bars, they sure were good! I'll likely be heading back there in a week or so!!

9. Re: Taco stand question....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 16:24