We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vallarta Online

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Vallarta Online

I am looking to book my hotel accommodation thru Vallarta Online and wanted to find out a little bit about this company. Has anyone used them and what was your experience like?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,938 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vallarta Online

Good, reputable, local to PV, always able to answer questions, encryption on website is as good as any that I use here in Canada.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,543 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vallarta Online

We used their services back in '05, to book a small hotel in the south-side. From our initial request to them for info, via e-mail, to our booking, and subsequent checking-into the hotel, everything was handled quickly and efficiently. We had absolutely no problems from start to finish.

Their office is located in the south-end of the Hotel Zone, 'across' from the Sheraton Bouganvilias Resort.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,846 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vallarta Online

I'm curious why wouldn't you just book with the hotel directly?

Is there something to gain by going thru a service like this for a hotel reservation?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,938 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vallarta Online

There are some hotels that do special offers via Vallarta Online that they don't do by booking directly. Such as free nights as part of your stay, hotel sale prices, percentage discounts, "packages" via the hotels (ie: book the hotel and get stuff included).

While you can book directly with hotels there are still sometimes advantages to booking through a local company too. The price difference for the service you get from V.O. in most cases is negligible. Plus I know of at least one hotel that ONLY books through Vallarta Online (the one that johnny references if I am not mistaken (-: ).

V.O. is a full service company, right there in PV. They do hotels, tours, golf, reviews, listings, articles...you name it. I even wrote a tour review for them myself when bzy1 was still working for them.

Not to mention they do have one of the best cybercafes in town. (-;

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vallarta Online

I have used VallartaOnline numerous times. Excellent customer service and have never had any problems.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,543 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vallarta Online

Jenny ..... what you said!! :-)

But none of us can, or should speak for our original poster, and why he/she may be looking to book this way. And regardless, the "why" one would book this way, was not in the original question(s).

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vallarta Online

I am looking to book 1 night at the Marival Grand in Nuevo Vallarta andVallarta online listed the price as $236./night for AI all taxes included plus it includes an upgrade to a suite if available. When I went on the Marival's website their price is $296/night plus tax for the samething. It just seemed strange that there was such a big difference in price so I was wondering if there was any "catch".

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,938 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vallarta Online

Probably no catch. There is often a difference between prices on hotel rooms at several websites.

Vallarta Online is perfectly reputable. No timeshare front, no sales pitch. (-:

Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vallarta Online

waitnc, I found the same thing to be true when looking for a less expensive hotel downtown, vallartaonline was about 8% cheaper than booking directly through the hotels own web site. O.K. so here's the even stranger thing, when I e-mailed the hotel to check room rates they quoted me an even higher price then I found on their own website, about 15% more! It gets stranger, while looking for another hotel on a popular US travel website I came across this same hotel for about 15% less than vallartaonline because they were having a "special". I've used them before and I only needed a place for a couple nights so I felt safe booking with them and I did. Long story I know but my point is why would you spend more to book directly through the hotel? Would like to hear from the PV experts as to if it is safer? Does you get what you pay for apply to this situation?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vallarta Online

Bit of an old thread, but I was looking at booking a tour through Vallarta Online, but when I got to the 'checkout' there was a little add to get 'two for one' tours. Curious, I clicked the link and was taken to what looks suspiciously like a timeshare pitch.

Is this company on the up and up? Will my family and I get bamboozled in to some presentation?