We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$200 rebate for your mexico vacation

fairport, ny
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
$200 rebate for your mexico vacation

i have found a website www.mexicovisitorinitiative.com. does anyone know anything about this? it says that you can recieve a $200.00 us cash rebate after attending a timeshare presentation. you qualify and register online. when you get to your hotel, you are told when you go and provided transportation. (it is in the morning) after the presentation, you are given your cash and you are done. i wanted to know if anyone knows if this is bogus or high pressure. is it worth your time? thanks for anyone who may have any info.

Ohio
Level Contributor
57 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: $200 rebate for your mexico vacation

From what we were told and an insert in our travel stuff from our travel agent very high pressured. From the posts it seems they tell you 45 min. and you end up taking 5 hours of your time. Have not heard any good about time share presentations. Good for people who are really interested, but most say not worth it. Just a thought!

Hollywood
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: $200 rebate for your mexico vacation

it is a $200 rebate for the purchase of the time-share. They don't actually give you cash just for going to the orientation.

wpg,mb
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: $200 rebate for your mexico vacation

I've been to two time share presentations. Each took 4 plus hours and was a complete waste of time. The pressure to buy is huge. Don't go you'll only ruin a 1/2 day of your vacation time.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: $200 rebate for your mexico vacation

I have been on a presentation before down there (many years ago) & I would rather have a root canal or give birth to triplets with no drugs!! NOTHING!!! is worth it, You will be sooooo mad at yourself if you fall into that trap!! TRUST ME!!

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $200 rebate for your mexico vacation

we did a mayan palace time share presentation last year- it was high pressure but we went in knowing we were not buying- took about 3 hrs- i was very clear that i was not interested-hubby got more persuaded then me- got $250 us after it was over- we go to mexico every year- about every 3rd year we listen-YOUNG couple in front of us-got a mexican blanket-not worth that- if you want to do it-say no about 4 times before to get the best deal

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: $200 rebate for your mexico vacation

We just signed up for the $200 cash rebate from Mexico Visitor Initiative. They want to take us to the Paradise Village timeshare presentation the day after we get to Puerto Vallarta.

The website is super-explicit about giving us 2000 pesos CASH just for going. Is this just a scam, or will we really get cash. How long will we have to stay there saying no. Will they break our knees, forge our signatures, or be gracious about it if we say no?

HOLLYWOOD 25 -- You seem quite sure that the $200 is only available as a rebate if you buy the thing. Did you have this experience yourself?

Thanks

Mickey and Debbie

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa
Paradise Village Beach...
2,520 Reviews
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
7. Re: $200 rebate for your mexico vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2006, 17:17
San Pancho, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: $200 rebate for your mexico vacation

Hi Sewes -- I just posted the following reply to someone else -- so its a copy.

they actually will give you the 200 -- but you will have to work for it. The presentations and breakfast are 2 to 2 1/2 hours but they aren't going to let you just eat and run. There are no free breakfasts (or lunches). By signing up and committing you are making yourself available for a sales pitch -- and they are well trained to give you a pitch you won't soon forget.

There is nothing wrong with buying (or selling timeshares) but if you are only going for the money, may I suggest you not go. These people work hard to sell these timeshares -- its their job. They no more want to pay you for eating than you would want to pay your gardner for coming to dinner and doing no work. The 200.00 is an incentive to real buyers who have choices between one timeshare property and another.

Living here, I hear my share of horror stories about timeshare presentations and my reaction is this --- if you went to bilk the company out of $200 but had no intention of even thinking about buying -- you are the crook -- not them. People who have nothing else to do on their vacation but visit timeshare presentations for the free gifts or the money should walk away disgusted and never want to do it again. On the other hand, if you think you will enjoy owning a timeshare (and many people do) than go -- spend the time hearing them out and make an informed decision.

That was the long answer -- short answer is -- no, its not a scam. They must give you the agreed upon gift

Have fun in PV and please spend your time doing things that will make you happy.

9. Re: $200 rebate for your mexico vacation

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2006, 17:17
10. Re: $200 rebate for your mexico vacation

Removed on: 08 March 2006, 15:32