We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in PV

Raleigh, NC
12 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in PV

I am looking at booking a my honeymoon in Mexico. Is PV the best place for a honeymoon in Mexico?

What is/are the best hotels and resorts?

Is their great snorkling there?

Thanks!!

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
562 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in PV

I don't know if it's the BEST place for a honeymoon in Mexico. It all depends on what you are into. We honeymooned there and loved it, but we already knew we loved PV from a previous trip.

Maybe you could offer everyone some insight as to what you see yourselves doing (other than the obvious ;-) ) during your trip. Have you been to other areas of Mexico? Do you want to immerse yourselves in authentic Mexican culture or sit on the prettiest beach? The Pacific side of Mexico isn't known for beautiful white sand beaches and crystal clear water like the Caribbean side so and the "greatness" of the snorkling is directly related, of course.

Most everyone on this forum has already fallen in love with PV, so I don't know that you will get an unbiased opinion here. The general concensus regarding the comparison of PV to places like Cabo, Cancun, Riviera Maya, Acapulco, etc seems to be that there is so much more to see and do in the greater PV area. The beaches might not be the most picturesque in all of Mexico, but no one seems to mind or even notice once they've been there.

As far as nice hotels/resorts is concerned, there are many. The most lavish and expensive appears to be the Grand Velas in Nuevo. The Villa Premiere is often mentioned when this question has come up in the past as well.

England
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in PV

The Grand Velas, mentioned by the last poster, would be a beautiful place for a honeymoon, if you want a really relaxing and luxurious break. The rooms (all suites) are great and the pool and grounds are lovely.

It has a very quiet atmospher, and would give you plenty of space to enjoy being together.

3. Re: Honeymoon in PV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 15:17