We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Breakfast & Dinner spots in Marina Vallarta

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Breakfast & Dinner spots in Marina Vallarta

We are staying at the Westin in Marina Vallarta and would love to hear what your favorite breakfast and dinner spots are in the area.....

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Breakfast & Dinner spots in Marina Vallarta

Porto Bello for dinner at the marina, with a pre-dinner sunset drink at El Faro, the lighthouse.

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
295 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Breakfast & Dinner spots in Marina Vallarta

Mr Cream for breakfast, Buenos Aires for Argentinian Beef plus more and ditto for El Faro for after dinner drinks.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Breakfast & Dinner spots in Marina Vallarta

You have to got to Victors! Inside or outdoor dining, they serve breakfast, lunch & dinner. A free shot of tequila (I believe it's watered down) with every drink. Victor is a friendly host who will want to do a shot with you! Enjoy!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,210 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Breakfast & Dinner spots in Marina Vallarta

Hi Neighbor....just wanted to wish you a safe and wonderful trip! I own a timeshare at Velas Vallarta, which is in the Marina area but all my favorite restaurants are in oldtown or downtown. I just have never been "wowed" by any of the restaurants in the Marina - but I haven't tried Porto Bello's - I am not big on Italian food while I am in Mexico.

When will you be going? Hopefully you will be going soon to escape our cold winter .... my next trip is April 2nd and it can't come fast enough.

Again, have a great trip....hope to hear about your trip when you return!

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
85 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Breakfast & Dinner spots in Marina Vallarta

We will be there Feb 24-Mar 4. We are looking forward to the warm weather.

Does anyone know if there still a restaurant across the street from the Westin that serves Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is a newer building that is contemporary in style and seems more American than most restaurants in the area??? We ate there 3 or 4 years ago, and were just wondering if it was still there.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Canal Winchester...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Breakfast & Dinner spots in Marina Vallarta

We just got back from staying at Casamagna Marriott. While maybe there are "better: places to eat if you go into town, we often found ourselves at the Marina because it was just such an easy walk. We did not eat much breakfast food, we always ate an early lunch and later dinner. Here are the places we tried:

El Fogan: nice lunch; mexican and seafood

Coleguita 2: Our dinner had more shrimp than I could eat, nothing fancy, but good grilled shrimp and cheap.

Al Fresco: Had lunch of tasty shrimp and wonderful rolls.

Bruno's: Had the BBQ chicken, did not care for it.

7. Re: Best Breakfast & Dinner spots in Marina Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 06:24