We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Jalisco vs. RIU Vallarta

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
RIU Jalisco vs. RIU Vallarta

My girlfriend and I are both in our late 20's and are trying to decide between the Jalisco and the Vallarta. We're both into the activities, water sports, and entertainment. I've been to several all-inclusives in Mexico and definitely appreciate when the hotel goes the extra mile for the the a la carte restaurants, shows, and disco. I would imagine the quality of the activities staff are fairly similar between the two hotels, but since the Vallarta is brand new I'm having trouble finding pictures / reviews. Has anyone been to both or heard anything that would make the Vallarta worth the extra $$?

Thanks,

Rick

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,711 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Jalisco vs. RIU Vallarta

The Vallarta just opened in late November. So other than the newness of everything, it will probably be less crowded than the other.

somerset
Level Contributor
393 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Jalisco vs. RIU Vallarta

OK came back from the Jalisco last week, That was great if your into touring the bars in PV they have free taxis about 11.30 pm. The hotel was great. We did visit the Vallarta its very art deco, twice the size of the Jalisco and was very busy did not seam to have the nice / or as much garden as the jalisco. There steak restaurant was nicer though the buffet was the best i have been to and nicer than the ala carte

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU Jalisco vs. RIU Vallarta

You may also want to post this question in the Nuevo Vallarta forum - you will probably get more response there. You can also read the trip reports and look at pictures.

Good Luck!

4. Re: RIU Jalisco vs. RIU Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 00:18