We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa los arcos in Zihuatenejo

Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MN
1 post
Save Topic
villa los arcos in Zihuatenejo

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at Villa los Arcos? We are considering staying there with our young daughter, and wonder if anyone has experience with it. Looks great from the pictures

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: villa los arcos in Zihuatenejo

Very nice place. David and Nancy are wonderful hosts.

We stayed on the third floor twice. Nice pool, close to La Ropa.

camarillo, ca
Level Contributor
111 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa los arcos in Zihuatenejo

Bubbles,

We are already booked here for March. Can you tell us anything about the area...ie: how to find a bus that would take us to grocery shopping, where good, close-by restaurants are..anything you can think of that would smooth our stay? We have 2 boys, ages 9 and 11. Any help/info you could give us would be very much appreciated!

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: villa los arcos in Zihuatenejo

Taxi cabs drive by all the time or go a block down the street to the beach and catch the bus.

Favorite restaurant right down the street is El Manglar.

camarillo, ca
Level Contributor
111 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: villa los arcos in Zihuatenejo

Thanks, Bubbles!

Can you remember how much the local bus fare is?

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: villa los arcos in Zihuatenejo

miznina

Bus fare from La Ropa to downtown is 5pesos, about 50cents

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: villa los arcos in Zihuatenejo

Miznina,

I sent an email to your site on this page

chicago
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: villa los arcos in Zihuatenejo

Villa los Arcos was perfect for us - nice pool, easy access to sight see, fair prices and lots of extra help from the gracious hosts, Nancy and David.

A+ stay

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: villa los arcos in Zihuatenejo

Villas lOs Arcos is amazing. The only place to stay in Zihua IMO :)

Woodside
Level Contributor
629 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: villa los arcos in Zihuatenejo

Well,Vic, I think Los Arcos is a wonderul house right near the beach. However, there are other very nice places to stay too.

For those that want a spectacular view above La Ropa, the condos at Casa que Ve al Mar, or hotels Catalina, Cinco Sentidos, Quinta Troppo are all great choices also.

Seattle
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: villa los arcos in Zihuatenejo

I would not recommend Villa Los Arcos. We found Nancy to be quite a rude hostess. She wasn't there to greet us, and in fact, never did.

Also, when we arrived they had no electricity for hours. The next day was followed with no running water for showers. The entire time their dial-up connection would not work for any of us guests. When asked to use Nancy's personal internet she made me feel like I was trying to pull one over on her & told me that I could use the many internet cafes in town, but wouldn't even chip in to cover the costs.

We had picked her place based on the claim her web site made that there would be internet (no mention of a slow, rarely working dial up). We had told our jobs that we would be available via internet during our vacation.

When we asked Nancy for a discount for all these inconveniences, she blamed the good city of Zihuatanejo for the lack of running water, electricity, and internet failure. However, some friends of ours staying in another hotel had none of these problems.

The place itself was beautiful, but we saw many places closer to the beach that would have been nice as well. There was also a lot of street noise that could be avoided with a place closer to the beach.

Take my review to heart and stay elsewhere, it's just common sense.