We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

troncones education

Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bemidji,mn
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
troncones education

We are fortunate to be booked into Brisas del Mar on Madera

for a couple of weeks in November. We have stayed there before and found it perfect for us. Price, size, view, pool,

beach, eating. For us BDM is wonderful. Also, fortunately for

us, we have another 6 days to be in the Zihua area and wish

to try Troncones. Please educate me so I can make a good

choice on where to stay, what to do, where to eat, smartest

way to get from airport to the area. I am guessing from all of the posts I have read I pretty much can't

go wrong but still want to make a smart choice for price,

location, and what others have found to be wonderful for

them. I have friends that have suggested several places for

us in Troncones ( Hacienda Eden, Inn a Manzanillo Bay, Qienta d' liz. Sorry for not being perfect on the names.) and I trust there opinions but wanted to see

what other thoughts. We aren't that hard to please but like most, want our vacation time to be the best possible. Thank you for your help and we do realize how fortunate we are.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: troncones education

My choice would be Mi Casa Su Casa.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: troncones education

Mi Casa es su Casa is okay but it's certainly not very private. Are there just 2 of you?

bemidji,mn
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: troncones education

Thanks for the reply so quickly. Just 2 recently retired

teachers that are celebrating our 35th anniversary where

we reallyyyyy like to spend time. Brisas del Mar will be

great but have the time now not to have to leave after one

week so heard Troncones would be interesting. Thanks for

the thoughts you may provide.

bemidji,mn
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: troncones education

Thanks for the reply so quickly. Just 2 recently retired

teachers that are celebrating our 35th anniversary where

we reallyyyyy like to spend time. Brisas del Mar will be

great but have the time now not to have to leave after one

week so heard Troncones would be interesting. Thanks for

the thoughts you may provide.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: troncones education

Check your message box here on TA.

I sent you mail.

Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: troncones education

Troncones is lovely and peaceful. You'll love it. I'd choose Inn at Manzanillo Bay although I understand Eden is well-loved too. Eden is supposed to have a terrific chef.

My website has pics and info on Troncones which you may find helpful with some pics of IAMB. It will likely run you about $80.00 for the trip from Airport to Troncones (Federal Zone so controlled rates). I'm getting the impression you intend to go there first? Then another $30.00 or so from Troncones to Madera/BDM. If you google 'taxi rates zihuatanejo' you should find current rate info. Also look for 'ground transportation' as that is what will count coming from the airport.

One thing to keep in mind in Troncones -- it's flat but laid out along quite a stretch of beach. Thus it's a good two-three mile hike to get into 'town center' from Eden or IAMB. Just so you are aware. There are of course taxis but its not the ease of walking from Madera into Zi.

There isn't really alot to do in Troncones. It's more of a rest/sun, eat, swim, read place. Very relaxing.

If you need more info just yell. Love Zi and am glad to help out.

Holly

http://www.magicandmemories.com

Tacoma WA
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: troncones education

We have stayed in Troncones multiple times in the past 7 years. Started out at The Inn at Manzanillo bay. Loved the nets around the beds and mosquito coils, lack of glass windows in the thatch roofed bungalows and the ceiling fan. The pool was very important as the waves in the bay vary widely.

We have eaten at Eden a lot and Christian is a great chef. Last march the menu had changed and was sad to see some favorite meals go. Christian also owns Cafe Sol in troncones across the street from Mi Casa. Breakfast with their homemade bread and a real mango smoothie is more than worth the walk from IAMB. We do not stay at Eden as there is no pool. (I also love the pedicures you can set up here. I sat in a hammock chair with a cool drink looking out at the ocean with this little bit of pampering for my toes)

Most recently past three years have stayed at The Tronco Bay Inn. We take an upstairs Ocean view room with glass in windows, air conditioning and lounge chairs with umbrellas on the beach just past their small but wonderful pool. The restaurant is good, The shrimp ala diablo messy and yummy with hot tortillas and lime. The staff speaks mainly spaninsh, but I speak travelers spanish (as in not much with lots of gesturing) and Estaban always knows what I am talking about. It really is fun to try and adds to the experience.

I hate the cliche,"It really depends on what you want..." but it is true here each of the accomodations are unique and they are all away from Troncones proper in a nice little cove within walking distance of each other. We plan for taxis and don't bring a car. My husband really likes the rustic surfer vibe at IAMB so we sometimes split ten days, spending the other 5 nights at my first choice The Tronco Bay Inn. I think the Beds, View, light breeze off the Ocean, and refrigerator and AC make for a more comfortable visit when the weather is hot and humid. The owner Juan Hernandez has a US number and is so wonderful about meeting your needs that I feel like he is a friend instead of a hotel owner. I also enjoy the local employees, I feel like I really am a million miles from home.

8. Re: troncones education

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo