We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving in 6 day, last questions

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
303 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving in 6 day, last questions

We are going to Zihua from Christmas Eve through that Sunday, staying at Amuleto. We have our dinners figured out, but where should we go for lunch? Is Lety's open for lunch? Also, for dinners, is it ok for women to wear flip flops with a sun dress to nicer places like the Tides, Amuleto or Tentaciones? Or should I pack some nicer sandals?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving in 6 day, last questions

Lety is closed on Tuesdays...and she is open the other 6 days a week starting about 1:00..so perfect for lunch. Flip flops?? I don't know...have never ever worn them in my life. I would think you might like little more upscale sandals for where you are staying and eating??

texas
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving in 6 day, last questions

We were just at Amuleto 3 weeks ago for our Honeymoon. Breakfast is included there and it is HUGE. It is also served until 11:00. We ate breakfast at 10:45 everyday and never once at lunch in 7 days in Zihua. We were always stuffed until dinner.

Comox BC
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving in 6 day, last questions

I wear flip flops almost everywhere in Mex - including Amuleto. Now there is your basic $2.99 Target/Wally flip flop and then there is your considerably more expensive flip flop, prices for which can be up to easily $75.00 +. I would suggest maybe not if they are the Target variety but absolutely if they are of the variety with a touch more cache shall we say? :-) Same for VDS/Tides however the last (Tentaciones) I've never heard of so it must be pretty recent (was last in Zi Feb '08 and hadn't heard of it then) thus I can't say for sure about that.

Perhaps you are planning to forgo breakfast but y'all going to need to be major eaters to want three meals a day given the heat. We do breakfast OR lunch - never both. It's salsa/chips and the like for any mild growlies until dinner. Those Marg's fill one up also. :-)

IF I was doing brunch/lunch, my choices would be Rossy's on La Ropa and a beach walk for one day, Otillia's/Franco at Las Gatas for one day (which is basically your whole day), and if you like to lie in the sun rather than shop (what an awful choice to have to make) then perhaps Escollera for lunch one day. If you'd prefer to shop, then we need someplace in town for lunch. Hmmm maybe Caprichio's (but check they are open for lunch) or Daniel's or Chuleto on Pescador (the seaside street in Zi). You could pretty much play that by ear and just stop when you need a rest from shopping. There are few places that you won't enjoy.

No idea what your evening dining choices are so I'm just playing this by ear. Whatever you do, have a FABULOUS time!

Feliz Navidad

Holly

Dalla, Texas
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving in 6 day, last questions

Patys Mar y Mar is a good place on LaRopa. Food is good, right on beach and you can use their chairs/umbrellas to hang out at beach when you buy drinks and food. I like Patys better than Rossys. Always seems prettier and calmer at this end of LaRopa. For some reason Rossy's seems too crowded.

5. Re: Leaving in 6 day, last questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo