We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tentaciones vs. Villa Guadalupe??

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Tentaciones vs. Villa Guadalupe??

We are planning a 5 night trip with another couple to Zihua in January. We are looking at Tentaciones and Villa Guadalupe. Can anyone give me any feedback on either of these properties (or have any other great recommendations)? Thank you so much!

Bay Area
Level Contributor
235 posts
933 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tentaciones vs. Villa Guadalupe??

My vote is if you want one of the best (if not the best) views of Zihua Bay, one of the most romantic restaurants in the world, and some great food, stay at the Tentaciones.

Did I mention we are taking my family there tonight for dinner?

It is one of our favorites.

2. Re: Tentaciones vs. Villa Guadalupe??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2010, 16:19
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tentaciones vs. Villa Guadalupe??

I'm so glad to hear good things for Tentaciones. Right now it is the frontrunner for my honeymoon the first week in June.

AleCat, no matter what you decide please post a review upon your return. Happy travels!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tentaciones vs. Villa Guadalupe??

We just visited Tentaciones last month to check it out for our wedding, and I would recommend it above anywhere else in ZIhua. The views are out of this world, and any photos online simply don't do the place justice. I highly recommend it!

We're getting married there next October. Salvador, the manager, is great - very friendly and accommodating.

Be sure to try their 5-course dinner.

Bay Area
Level Contributor
235 posts
933 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tentaciones vs. Villa Guadalupe??

Update:

Went there last night as I had mentioned in an earlier post and had another surrealist experience.

There was another couple celebrating something. There were lounging on the outdoor netted four-posted bed under the celestial canopy.

The hosting by Salvador and service by Francisco and Pablo were outstanding.

The food was superb: cherry empanada, shrimp over spinace and beets, cream of asparagus soup with a dollop of blue cheese, grilled mahi mahi (dorado) over cheese potato cake, and mango creme brulee.

Note: I read a strange review from NY saying people should not eat cerviche at night. Urban myth? Cervice is just fish/seafood cooked in lemon or lime juice. It is no different than eating a shrimp cocktail (or sashimi). Scrod envy?

Salvador says that they are expecting more weddings this year.

We coming back here for Valentine's Day because it is so ROMANTIC.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tentaciones vs. Villa Guadalupe??

Thank you for all of the advice! We are booked at Tentaciones, and I will update when we return in January. Thank you again for all of the help!!

usa
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tentaciones vs. Villa Guadalupe??

It's gorgeous! You will love it love it love it!

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
18 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tentaciones vs. Villa Guadalupe??

We returned from Tentaciones and are still in mourning to be home! It was fabulous and would be a perfect honeymoon location. This is one hotel that we will definitely visit again!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tentaciones vs. Villa Guadalupe??

I am so glad to hear that! Hopefully our honeymoon will be booked for Tentaciones in the next week or two.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tentaciones vs. Villa Guadalupe??

can you please tell us which suite you chose at Tentaciones? My husband and I are looking at staying there in December this year and cannot tell from the photos which suite is which.

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo