We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to photograph

Delft, The...
Level Contributor
84 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
where to photograph

Hi all

As a passionate photographer visiting Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo in about two weeks, I am trying to find out in advance what are the best places, sites,spots and views to shoot there. Can someone help me and/or give me a site with quality pictures from various locations both in Ixtapa, but mainly in Zihua?

Thanks so much!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,292 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to photograph

Did you see this in the top right hand column??

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-00b6-ebc8-2ebb…

Might give you some ideas...

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,045 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to photograph

Anda,

The best nature photographer in the area that I know of is Wil in Troncones.

He also runs a tour business that he just started this year. You can contact him at:

http://www.williammertz.com/tours.html

Keith

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to photograph

The best places for pictures are the entire area. Almost everything and everywhere you go will be a great place to take a picture. A very beautiful area and lot's of local culture.

As Keith said, Wil is the best in the area for birds and nature.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to photograph

You might also consider a private tour with someone like Carlos Gracia (I think his contact information has been included here). He took us to some great places above La Ropa, the early morning arrival of the fishermen, the colorful mercado. You can do all that on your own as well, but if you don't know the area, it's a great way to see a lot in a half day.

Delft, The...
Level Contributor
84 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to photograph

Thanks so much for the input. I am thinking of hiring a driver/guide, but I would like to have an idea of what to chose in advance. I have read that a reasonable taxi fare per hour is 5-10 usd, Carlos G. is asking 25! Anyway, I can;t thank you enough, Wil's tours look amazing. Thanks again

6. Re: where to photograph

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 January 2011, 18:05
Delft, The...
Level Contributor
84 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to photograph

You're right, I have no idea of the price for gas and cars in Mexico. I am just inquiring.

"That price" was given to me by an American photographer who visited the area and it''s what he paid. I am just researching and trying to get an idea of what might be a rip off and a fair price (as everything is negotiable and there are no meters). I will inquire also with the hotel staff, maybe I can get some recommendations, but thanks so much for posting the pics, they definitely give me an idea of the place.

8. Re: where to photograph

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 18:35
Edited: 12 January 2011, 18:35
9. Re: where to photograph

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2011, 05:29
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo