We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating on La Ropa

Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
130 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
eating on La Ropa

staying at Cinco Sentidos. Breakfasts included. Looks like lunch on the beach at Paty's and Dinners in the El Centro area from the list to the right of the forum. This leaves two questions...

1. Any other restaurants on La Ropa I should not miss for lunch?

2. Any restaurants in the La Ropa area I should try for dinner? It seems like all the top restaurants are in El Centro. Is that correct?

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating on La Ropa

Other great places on La Ropa are Elvira's which is next door to Paty's and Rossy's at the end of the beach. All of the mentioned places will be great for dinner, especially Elvira's and Paty's. At both of these places you can dine with your feet in the sand and the water a few yards away. Go at dusk, have dinner and enjoy the fantastic sunset.

El Centro has many choices for a less expensive dinner (under $10) and a wider choice of different foods. Try to eat where the locals eat, especially Papa Loca's.

Another great way to spend the day is to take the water taxi over to Las Gatas where you can have lunch and enjoy the day. Otilia's is my favorite place there.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating on La Ropa

Also a place that gets forgotten, and I think has wonderful "different' food is the Villas Mexicanna's Dona Prudencia. His menu is very different with great menu items...and not expensive. And it is right on the ocean, but has a floor for those of you who like to dress up just a tad, and not get sand in your sandals!! It is crawling distance to Elvira's and Paty's...so many choices, more choices than days for most vacationers!!

michigan
Level Contributor
130 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eating on La Ropa

I forgot to mention that I am looking for places in the La Ropa area not just places that are on the beach. (although it is nice!!!) I am basically looking for places a little closer to our hotel than the ones in El Centro.

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eating on La Ropa

Look at the top right hand corner of this page for Top Questions. Then click on Valuable Maps of the area. Jared has a map of the area, El Centro, Madera and La Ropa. With each of these maps, you will find listing for hotels, restaurants and points of interest.

There are many fine restaurants in the La Ropa area but a little on the expensive side for me. I really hate paying $50+ for a meal when I can have 5 great meals for the same price in El Centro, especially at Lety's.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,752 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eating on La Ropa

My recommendation is to not miss El Manglar. You can access it from the beach or from the street. Actually, they usually have a foot bridge connecting the beach and the restaurant, over the estuary where the crocodiles live. However, the bridge was washed out in a storm last September and has not been rebuilt to date. From the beach, use the public access near El Manglar & enter from the street.

This is a wonderful restaurant. Great ambiance, amazing food, wonderful people and very reasonable prices. Not to be missed.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eating on La Ropa

However we missed it on our last trip because it's closed Wednesdays. I'm assuming it still is. Just FYI.

7. Re: eating on La Ropa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo