We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report -another First Timer...

Level Contributor
132 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report -another First Timer...

Just got back from 6 nights in Zihua and 1 in Ixtapa. Quick summary of the details...

6 nights at Cinco Sentidos - perfect, just what we were looking for

went to Paty's or Elvira's each day. Food was good. Weather was perfect (obviously)

Dinners were all good...

Street Tacos on Sunday at Festival - a must

Los Braceros - delicious

Lety's - went here twice - coconut shrimp excellent as was seafood stuffed Chile Rellanos

La Perla - good food and excellent ambiance

Jungle Pizza - surprisingly good pizza!

Shopped at Abel and Julias for some silver. Would highly recommend - totally no pressure to buy.

Fish Market is cool, especially when the boats come in each morning

Got massages at tent near Elvira's. My wife and I both enjoyed. Probably more of a glorofied rub-down but for $20/hr it was a nice deal.

Went to Playa Las Gatas - nice time at Otilla's with Franco. Not sure I would go back though. Jellyfish in water and water taxis were a pain (Do not buy the yellow tickets!)

Due to flight cancellation and no room at hotel we spent

One night at Las Brisas - Ixtapa. Resort itself was nice. Took a cab to the main shopping area in Ixtapa, looked around for 20 minutes and went back to resort. Unlikely I will ever return to Ixtapa. Zihua is much more to our liking.

Gift & Speciality Shops
La Zapoteca
Gift & Speciality Shops
Cielo Zapoteco
Gift & Speciality Shops
Gift & Speciality Shops, Cigar Bars, Wine Bars
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
4,043 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report -another First Timer...

Thanks for taking the time to share. Great report. Sorry about the yellow tickets. Regarding jellyfish- unfortunately you happened to be there at that time. There are not lots of jellies here- we have encountered many more, and much more frequently, further up the Pacific coast. I guess you were just unlucky. Thanks again.

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report -another First Timer...

Great report. Thanks-

Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report -another First Timer...

There are many good restaurants on Las Gatas.

4. Re: Trip Report -another First Timer...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2012, 05:22
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo