We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trail from La Ropa to Playa Blanca??

Fort St. John...
Level Contributor
145 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Trail from La Ropa to Playa Blanca??

On Google Earth it looks like there is a road that runs up over the hill to the southeast of Z. It appears to end up on the ridge with a bit of a "goat trail" winding back down to the beach (playa larga?). Measuring it seems to be about 5K off of paseo de la Bahia in front of hotel JB. Any thoughts or experience with it? I know some might question leaving the beaten path in Mexico these days, but then sometimes our tourist paranoia can be an over-reaction. If its safe and passable, it may be our kind of hike.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trail from La Ropa to Playa Blanca??

You can hike Playa La Ropa to Los Gatas but be sure to wear stout shoes as it is over rocks Etc. Not a real trail however.

Mentioned in this post
Playa la Ropa
Playa la Ropa
1,178 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trail from La Ropa to Playa Blanca??

I know exactly the road that you mean- I walk it almost every morning. The road is not yet finished and doesn't look like it will be finished for a couple more years. When the road ends however, I am told that you can continue to "hike" to Playa Larga. I haven't done it myself, but neighbours have...a few times. Take water & maybe some food. There doesn't seem to be a safety issue at all....of course no one can ever be sure about a hike through the forest/jungle anywhere. I would suggest not doing it by yourself, but I would probably go (if I could physically manage it) with 2 or 3 people. My neighbours are an older couple- but very fit.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Larga
Playa Larga
109 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trail from La Ropa to Playa Blanca??

May I ask what is your objective in taking this hike

Better ride out with Only By Horseback and attack the mountain from the Playa Larga end. It is a long exhausting ride...so imagine how it would be on foot. The flora is inhospitable, it will be very hot, much better do it on horseback carrying more stuff, and stop off to swim along the way

Mentioned in this post
Playa Larga
Playa Larga
109 Reviews
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
4. Re: Trail from La Ropa to Playa Blanca??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 00:17