We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury boutique hotels in Z

Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury boutique hotels in Z

I'd love to hear from locals to find out what is up with Villa Carolina, where we have stayed numerous times. The new website is horrible and has no contact info. Any scoop on what is going on? Other upscale suggestions at that end of La Ropa?

Tacoma, WA
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury boutique hotels in Z

I know they have changed ownership. As I understand it, the new owners are from Canada and were frequent quests of the hotel. We too have stayed there many times. Because of changes in our plans we had to cancelma reservation,then our problem resolved itself and we ended up staying at Catalina. Not as upscale as VC but we actually like it better.

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,551 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury boutique hotels in Z

how about tentaciones, casa que canta, and cinco sentidos are all in the la ropa area. cinco sentidos has only 5 rooms and each room as a heated plunge pool as well and their prices are very good compared to the other two.

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury boutique hotels in Z

Take a look at Villas San Sebastian. One of the best views and a fantastic place to stay.

www.valleproperties.com

Seattle
Level Contributor
68 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury boutique hotels in Z

I've stayed at Tentaciones and would highly recommend it. The rooms are beautiful. The views are amazing. The people are fantastic.

San Jose
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury boutique hotels in Z

Thank you to all - we are narrowing down and can't wait to head back!!

zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury boutique hotels in Z

Villas San Sebastian is not a boutique hotel.. it is nine condos and a pool. Best location for condos on L a Ropa. I bought Unit One from owner Luis Valle around 1994 and I chose to invest there for that reason. Luis is a stright up bilingual businessman.

zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury boutique hotels in Z

This is another no brainer; if you can afford it, go to Amuleto, Architect Enrique Zozaya's masterpiece.

Also good is La Villa owned by Valerie and Larry. Before they bought and expanded it, it belonged to Luz Simon, a descendant of a revolutionary figure, and her husband Jeno, a Hungarian engineer who escaped TWICE across Eastern Europe during the war. You can see the original work, done by Muller, google VILLA LUZ.

See posting on Zozaya Tour of La Ropa for best photgraphs Enrique Zozaya's architecture.

San Jose
Level Contributor
45 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury boutique hotels in Z

Thank you for these insightful suggestions. We love Amuleto and always go there for dinner, but prefer being able to walk to town. We have booked Tentaciones for a few nights and will then wander around. I will look at the Zozaya tour, and in fact, would love to find a book on the major architects of Zihuatanejo. Your picture is adorable!

9. Re: Luxury boutique hotels in Z

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 06:16