We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Arrival Routine n Day Trips

California
Level Contributor
8 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Arrival Routine n Day Trips

My wife and I are first time going to Zihua over X-mas holiday. When arriving in different airports previously there is always a time share shark just outside bag claim, is Zihua/Ixtapa airport the same? its always a hassle to get by these guys to the regular taxi hombres.

Also what about day trips and can't miss ideas. Let me know, thanks.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Arrival Routine n Day Trips

jrube,

Up, same same on the Sharks.

Just walk directly across the hall as leaving customs, and get your taxi ticket. Then out the door to the guy with the clipboard for your taxi.

ATM is just to the left as you exit customs. Get yourself some pesos, as the taxi booth is going to give you 10-1 on the exchange (she will quote you the price in dollars, question that with "Pesos?")

Tours? Check here to see if you are interested:

http://www.bluemorphoecotours.com/

Wil runs good ones.

Keith

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Arrival Routine n Day Trips

We had a time share shark grab our taxi ticket from the woman at the booth and wanted to show us a map and other stuff before he'd give it back. Very annoying.

Dallas, Tx
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Arrival Routine n Day Trips

Since it's your first visit to the area, please look to the top right hand corner of this page for Top Questions. There you will find valuable maps of the area, great restaurants to eat at and information on fishing and snorkeling.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Arrival Routine n Day Trips

Not nearly as bad as PV but still there. As others have said just walk out of customs directly across the lobby to the Ticket counter.

Seattle
Level Contributor
69 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Arrival Routine n Day Trips

Jrube, I would second the recommendation of taking a tour (or two) with Wil. He has tours up to waterfalls (I've been to two destinations with falls - one where you can jump into pools and swim) as well as to La Chole to see an archaelogical site. He is very knowledgable and fun. It is very comfortable in his Suburban. I'm partial to Troncones so perhaps lunch out at the Inn at Manzanillo Bay (or breakfast and watch the surfers).

Have a great trip!

6. Re: Airport Arrival Routine n Day Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 22:19