We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Plamas construction?

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
192 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Las Plamas construction?

Does anyone have any inside Intel on the construction that going to be happening end of may beginning of June at Hotel Las Palmas (Playa Blanca)? If you would like please message me. It seems as though it will be going on when I am there. Any thoughts or opinions I am open to them. Was looking to go to the Brisas Del Mar. Suitable replacement? Please help I just want to relax and my trip is only two months away.

zihuatanejo
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Plamas construction?

Take a look at hotel Cinco Sentidos , great location close to the beach and fantastic views!

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Plamas construction?

Brisas del Mar is an excellent choice.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Plamas construction?

chefmkon,

Have you discussed this with the hotel?

We have been at hotels in the area while "construction" was going on and hardly knew that it was happening. You may be looking to last minute change your trip when it may be unnecessarily. Give them a shout. It's the only way you are going to find out their plans. No one else is going to have anything but gossip and suppositions.

Hotel Las Palmas

Phone

Outside Mexico 011-521 (755) 557-0634

Mexico (755) 557-0634

Email

For Reservation reservations@hotellaspalmasmexico.com

For General Inquiries info@hotellaspalmasmexico.com

Keith

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
192 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Plamas construction?

Yeah, I contacted the hotel. They gave me a discount. I have personally been involved in the construction of two restaurants. I am hoping that in the beginning of the work (which is when I will be there) it will mostly be planning and moving sand. No cement to cut through so no jack hammers. I am also hoping the wind carries the noise away a bit.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Plamas construction?

chefmkon,

Enjoy your trip wherever you end up!!

Keith

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
192 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Plamas construction?

Cool, thanks.

seattle
Level Contributor
34 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Plamas construction?

Chef - Are your planning to stay in one of the new units on the beach or the "older" rooms in the original building???

Edited: 10 April 2012, 18:08
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
192 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Plamas construction?

The penthouse.

seattle
Level Contributor
34 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Plamas construction?

Chef- I think you will be fine.....you are so close to the beach that you will more than likely just hear the restful sounds of the Pacific as it ebbs and flows daily on Playa Blanca. The infinity pool is closest to the construction, the bedroom the furthest....when we were there in January, Jason was very concerned about disturbing the quests with the construction and we were in room 6, closest to the new building and we barely heard a thing. I know you will enjoy HLP and all that comes with it, especially Playa Blanca and the unbelievable walks north and south.

10. Re: Las Plamas construction?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 22:15