We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seasonal rate changes?

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
300 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Seasonal rate changes?

We are hoping to visit Zihuatanejo next April after Easter. Is that time frame still considered high or is it more considered a shoulder season with then slightly reduced hotel rates?

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seasonal rate changes?

The Lowest seasons in my experience are September through mid November. April/ May is more shoulder & June through August is high for Mexican Nationals.

Still mid April throug May can be very pleasant. A bit more humid then Winter but IMO not unbearable. Empty beaches & enough cafés open to enjoy your visit.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,949 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seasonal rate changes?

The worst thing, IMO, about going that time of year is that the rains won't have started yet and the hills would be brown/grey and dead looking....I like it a bit more lush, myself. But as long as it is long enough after Easter, it should be nice and quiet and some better deals to be had.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
192 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seasonal rate changes?

How are the hills going to look in 2 weeks?

Denver
Level Contributor
113 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seasonal rate changes?

How are the hills now? We are coming Saturday...

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,949 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seasonal rate changes?

I am not sure but I doubt the rains have started yet...so they will be brown! Perhaps a local could answer...I think the rains usually start in June?

Our last two trips to Zihua were in August and then in early December....the hills were lush and green both times. It is still green from the fall rains in early December , usually, but around Christmas they start to get very dry.

It really isn't THAT big a deal, though! Still a beautiful bay and area. :) Go, enjoy!

Denver
Level Contributor
113 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seasonal rate changes?

Yes...who cares? We will still be in paradise on Saturday!!! Thank you:)

7. Re: Seasonal rate changes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:40
Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo