We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisas del Mar or Hotel Irma?

Which Zihuatanejo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
899 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Brisas del Mar or Hotel Irma?

We were going to book Hotel Irma but now are looking at Brisas del Mar. We are going for 17 days in November. Any feedback would be helpful. Thank you

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisas del Mar or Hotel Irma?

IMO Las Brisas hands down.

Both have great views but with huge patios the Brisas is better. Nicer suites & better location.

Ridgeland...
Level Contributor
60 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisas del Mar or Hotel Irma?

We have booked Brisas del Mar in June based on reviews here and other places. Never been to the area.

If you book directly with the hotel you get free breakfast. This offer may or may not still be good for November. We booked directly with the hotel.

MexicoBob25

meridian idaho
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisas del Mar or Hotel Irma?

BDL Simply because of the beach access.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
899 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisas del Mar or Hotel Irma?

Thanks to everyone for the info. I have emailed the hotel directly, just waiting for a response.

winneconne,wi
Level Contributor
283 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisas del Mar or Hotel Irma?

Brisas del Mar hands down. You might also want to check the rate on bestday.com

BC
Level Contributor
4,189 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brisas del Mar or Hotel Irma?

It was thanks to capwi's mention of bestday.com, back last winter that I was able to afford to stay at Brisas del Mar. Bestday was SO much cheaper than using Expedia or booking directly with the hotel for my January stay, about $50 a night difference I think. (HI capwi!)

I had a quick look and this might not be true for booking at this early date for next November. Always good to check all your options, though, as there can be a huge difference in prices. It is very early to book, but it is nice to have things firmed up. Zihua is, sadly, not that busy a place. I don't really understand why, because we just loved it. I've been to Puerto Vallarta three times in the past three years and never once gone in the ocean, as it is just too cold and too rough. But in Z I was in every day, even early in the morning.

Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Brisas del Mar or Hotel Irma?

I have stayed at both places and it’s like comparing a corvette to a chevette. Hands down Brisas Del Mar the beds are worth the price alone, along with not having to play the room games at the Irma. Staff is great the location is great having a private beach area major plus but the beds again are worth the money at the Irma it’s a glorified single bed hard as a rock at BDM Queen or King soft beds. The pool area at BDM is much nicer I could go on and on. You get what you pay for!

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,841 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisas del Mar or Hotel Irma?

sorry you had a rock hard bed at irma...we had a king and it was wonderfulllllll...ahhhhhh

Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Brisas del Mar or Hotel Irma?

I have heard that the king beds are better but after requesting them for the last 6 years and never getting one I’m over the Irma. You get no room games at the BDM and the front desk staff doesn’t expect a $ for room placement.

BC
Level Contributor
4,189 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brisas del Mar or Hotel Irma?

Our bed at the BDM was wonderful, I am very particular and cannot sleep on a rock hard bed. We were given an upgraded room (a Jacuzzi suite) without asking for it, I didn't want the jacuzzi anyhow, but had asked for a room on a higher floor, as per suggestions made, to get the best view. The room was huge, about the size of two hotel rooms. Fridge to keep drinks cold and a coffee maker supplied.

What I especially liked about the BDM when considering where to stay, was that all rooms have an ocean view. No worrying about where you might be placed upon arrival. However, I wrote to Hotel Irma, and they did respond and tell me to make my reservation and then contact them about getting the room I wanted, so they were helpful in that regard.

Get answers to your questions about Zihuatanejo